Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1956 18k Omega Constellation 2852/2853, Dome Dial/Onyx Inserts

1. Wlcutter Jun 25, 2022

I couldn't resist grabbing this locally when it came up, simply for the condition, but I'm just emphatically not a solid gold guy.

CASE: The 18k case seems to me to be in very good shape. The medallion on the caseback seems great (the crosshatching's still present above the observatory), and the Constellation/Waterproof imprints are hardly worn. The stamps for the gold hallmarks on the backs of the lugs are present, the crystal has the Omega logo in the center, and the decagonal crown is correct. I can't see any evidence that this was polished or messed with in any way; again, I'm not the original owner, but I have to assume this was someone's really Special watch, and simply didn't see much action.

DIAL+HANDS: Really exceptional to my eye. I can't find a mark (there's a scuff on the crystal that casts a shadow toward the 4 o'clock marker, but the dial itself seems pristine). Pictures are probably a better description than I can give.

MVMT: The 15M 505 movement is in wonderful shape, obviously cared for and very clean. The balance swings well, the bridges are all bright, and it seems to keep excellent time—I haven't checked to see if it's cosc, but it's been fine while I've had it. That said, obviously: I don't know the service history, and this should at least be assessed by a watchmaker to see what sort of service it'd need for regular wear.

The price is $3500 (happy to hear from folks if I've mispriced this); I'm in Indiana/USA, happy to offer as many references as requested, and to work out shipping/payment method with the buyer. Thanks for looking, and to the mods and everyone here for making this such a rad community.

IMG_2947.jpg IMG_2940.jpg IMG_2943.jpg IMG_2946.jpg IMG_2945.jpg IMG_2948.jpg IMG_2950.jpg IMG_2951.jpg IMG_2952.jpg IMG_2971.jpg IMG_2937.jpg IMG_2939.jpg IMG_2938.jpg

2. Wlcutter Jul 8, 2022

This sold on ebay to a member here, about whom the less said the better. It's now for sale, again. It sold on ebay for just shy of $3600, so let's drop it a bit to accommodate those numbers; price is now $3200 (obro). Thanks.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  3. PlainVanilla Jul 11, 2022

Hey! I'm just stopping by to say that this is an absolutely gorgeous watch and I'd buy it without hesitation if I had the cash. Good luck with the sale! :)

rkman11 likes this.
  4. Wlcutter Jul 18, 2022

Start of the week bump, price drop to $3000.

El Toro likes this.