Forums Latest Members
  1. robfromoz Jan 12, 2016

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to the forum with no background knowledge. I've come into possession of my late grandfather's watch, and all I can really do to tell you about it is show you the pictures in this post. I expected it to be broken, but was surprised to see it start ticking nicely when I gave it a few winds. It's currently with my local Omega dealer for a service and a leather band (I'm not looking to sell it). The dealership tells me the case is 18 ct, the band 9 ct (and that the crown is original even though it's corroded so presumably not gold - this and the glass will be replaced).

I'd be interested if anyone has a view as to its value - apologies for the poor photo, it only occurred to me to snap one as I handed it over for servicing.

Cheers, Rob

(Not any of the other 'robfromoz's you may find on Google, some of whom look a bit unsavoury.)

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jan 12, 2016

Sorry. One poor quality photo doesn't help. I need to see the dial if it is original or repainted.
    The inside of case back, the movement condition and its size.

3. ConElPueblo Jan 13, 2016

I like the look of that :)
    Nice case and a great, white dial - I bet it has a great presence on the wrist!

Condolences on your grandfather's passing, congratulations on the watch.

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 13, 2016

It looks to me like the markers are missing at 7 and 8, this will have a big effect on the cash value but not on the sentimental value. But as said previously better pictures are needed before anyone can give an informed opinion

5. robfromoz Jan 16, 2016

Thanks all, when I get it back I'll take some proper photos.