Forums Latest Members
  1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 23, 2018

Almost nothing. Could be the 2nd production run vs. the 7th. "SC" means center seconds.
    gatorcpa

2. Hmbarger Apr 23, 2018

Gotcha, I found that was the meaning of SC but the #s we’re throwing me off.

So for a proper restoration what more would I need besides original condition dial/hands from a 2790-SC Cal. 471 and the proper crown?

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 23, 2018

A proper movement service.

However, original dials like this are just not available anymore from the factory. You could buy another watch, but this was not a popular case reference. I only saw a few of these online. The ones I saw sold a long time ago and most of those were redials.

I think a full restoration of this watch would be an exercise in futility and cost far more than the value of the watch. I would enjoy it as it is, or sell it on with a correct description as a redial.
    gatorcpa

Edward53, Davidt and Hmbarger like this.
  4. ulackfocus Apr 23, 2018

Consider this watch a $350 lesson. Many pay a much higher n00b tax than that.

Hmbarger likes this.
  5. Hmbarger Apr 23, 2018

Thanks again, I’m going to keep it for a while, I know the size is less desirable for most but I still see value in Cal. 471 being the first full rotor from Omega.

6. Hmbarger Apr 23, 2018

Hahaha definitely, figured I couldn’t be doing too bad for under $400. Motorcycle is going to be next big purchase this summer but I’ll be back w questions before my next watch.

Not sure if I’ll go vintage on the next one or not, I’ve always admired the 007 Seamaster that my grandpa owns.