Forums Latest Members
  1. (O)MEGA-FREAK Apr 4, 2016

I have always been a sucker for watches with uniform patina.

This is an Omega I stumbled upon and went for it on an impulse.(I know impulse and vintage wqatch buys don't mix well together)But this one, it called out to me.It is a ref.2667-2 with a manual cal.420 which I'm told was produced in limited numbers(This ref. with the cal.420 was in production for only a year).

Apart from the dial, I just love those dauphine hands. I understand that the cal.420 was used on later (early) Seamasters. Would be great to hear thoughts of my friends on this one. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Sharing pics for my friends here.Cheers

Edited Apr 4, 2016
    ScDevon, red crowned and Giff2577 like this.
  2. fjf Apr 4, 2016

That's a lovely watch, with a nice creamy uniform patina. Something similar happened to me this weekend: I bought this on impulse:
    [​IMG]

And I dont even know what it is. We'll see when it arrives and I open the case. For the 170 euros I paid I cannot go terribly wrong, I hope:whistling:

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 4, 2016

Beautiful patina. Great pickup.

(O)MEGA-FREAK likes this.
  4. ISAKOFF Apr 4, 2016

great pickup, love those dials

(O)MEGA-FREAK likes this.
  5. (O)MEGA-FREAK Apr 4, 2016

Wanted to know more about the manual wind cal.420 powering this watch.As I understand, this is not a Seamaster.

Weren't Seamasters already in production in 1952?What I do know that Seamasters were powered by the very same cal.420 at some point of time.So what's the story..were these watches sold parallely to Seamasters with the same movement?