Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1951 St. Steel Omega Seamaster Bumper w/ Breguet Numerals

1. seekingseaquest Nov 8, 2020

For sale is a 1951 2577 reference Omega Seamaster with a 351 bumper movement, a patinated dial, and gold breguet numerals. The dial has a fairly even patina but appears to have been cleaned at some point. The case is in nice, seemingly unpolished, condition. The movement was running a couple minutes fast last I timed it, and service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use. Price is $400.

Additional details are below, and feel free to reach out with any questions.

21 - 17jz3Yb.jpg

Dial: The original, non-refinished dial features desirable gold 3/6/9/12 breguet numerals. The dial has developed a fairly even patina however is slightly darker near the center, has some marks around the edge, and "Omega" and "Automatic" text is a bit faded, presumably from being cleaned. Also, the lume plots appear to have been filled in (it's possible it's just darkened lume but seems too consistently dark and too intact to me - I haven't checked with a blacklight). "Swiss" text is present below the 6 marker as expected.

Case: Original 34.5mm 2577-8 reference stainless steel case appears to be unpolished and is in nice condition with light scratches and wear but nothing significant.

Crown: Original clover crown is in nice condition.

Crystal: Crystal is signed (Omega logo etched at center) and has some scratches that should buff out.

Movement: Original 351 caliber bumper automatic movement winds and sets fine but was running a couple minutes fast last I timed it. Given this and that service history is unknown, a service is recommended prior to regular use. Serial number dates the watch to 1951.

Strap: Comes with the 18mm generic brown leather strap with steel buckle in the video above (not the darker strap pictured).

Price is $400. Open to trades for non-radium 50s or early 60s Seamasters, Constellations, Geneves, Conquests, and Flagships (see my WTB/WTT here). I'll cover insured US shipping, international shipping is available but cost to be discussed with buyer. Transferwise is preferred for payment. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in the USA.

19 - 0uht6O8.jpg 20 - 3qGCyWB.jpg Seamaster Bumper 2577 Patina - Dial.JPG 7 - 447tUls.jpg 8 - 2hqYqUw.jpg 18 - zOQ28mg.jpg 17 - s3tnH7i.jpg 10 - 5oO9xta.jpg 11 - K2YlSXh.jpg

Awetaylor, llvhhui, Sam11 and 6 others like this.
  2. OllieOnTheRocks Nov 9, 2020

Bargain! :)