Forums Latest Members

FS 1951 Seamaster Calendar 2627 -8 with Waffle Dial

1. jimmyd13 Jun 27, 2019

What are we selling?
    1951 2617-8 with a wonderful hobnail/waffle/clous de Paris dial (hell, call it what you want, it's superb). The watch is a peach: all original bar the crown and in excellent condition. Serviced November 2018. Runs like a train but I've no idea what sort of error she has as I don't own a timeograph and only wear it sporadically. She'll come on the tan leather strap that you can (just about) see in the photos. There really is very little for me to add on the description side of things that you can't see from the photos, so ... here they are:
    IMAG1817.JPG IMAG1818.JPG IMAG1819.JPG IMAG1820.JPG IMAG1821.JPG
    As you can see she's steel cased, gold capped with pierced lugs ... everything that she should be. There's no wear to the gold and no damage bar minor scratches. You can polish them out if you wish but there's hardly any that are noticeable.

There is an inscription on the caseback:
    IMAG1822.JPG IMAG1823.JPG
    These things never bother me but it should be pointed out. I've also no idea what S.A.M.I.E.A is .. I wish I did.

The movement's in tip top condition:
    IMAG1824.JPG IMAG1825.JPG IMAG1826.JPG IMAG1827.JPG
    I genuinely can't remember if this one had the rotor bearing replaced at service. There's a minor line on the case back so I suspect it was fixed in November. It did have a new mainspring and (if my failing memory serves) this one had a new setting lever too. All told, she's fully serviced and wrist ready. (Looking at those photos, the lighting is horrible but I can assure you that the movement parts match throughout).

Why are we selling?
    Offering this for sale purely to make space (and funds) for new watches.

Cost
    The price is £950.00 including tracked and insured shipping to most of the world. If you live in Outer Mongolia or half way up a mountain in New Zealand, we will have to talk about postage costs.

Payment
    Payment by PayPal F&F. If you want cover, then you pay the fees. Alternately, I'll take a BACS transfer. All these new fangled online exchange sites ... no. Never worked in BitCoins or Facebucks. Don't want to start.

Trades
    The only watch on my "to buy" list is a vintage ProPlof ... if you have one to swap, I'm sure I have plenty of other watches that we can use to work a deal. Other than that, no thanks.

About me
    I collect watches. That simple. However, slightly different to many, I finance my hobby by buying watches and antiques that have fallen out of love; repairing them; and, then selling them (sometimes). I am able to do minor repairs myself but I also have a host of watchmakers who do all the really hard stuff for me. I've used these watchmakers for years and trust them all (most of the time). It's not a business, it's just a hobby that sometimes makes money to enable me to continue to spend more.

Returns
    There really shouldn't be any reason to think about a return. I'll not take a watch back because of buyer's remorse or if it's out by half a minute a day. If it develops a fault, I'll get it fixed for you. If the watch is grossly mis-described then send it back and I'll refund you in full. If there's some other reason to return the watch, then we can talk about it (I can't imagine what that reason might be, though).

The "thank yous"
    Thanks to OF for providing this space where we can buy, sell and enjoy our hobby.

2. jimmyd13 Jul 3, 2019

Give this one a bump before she goes back into the box