1950’s Omega seamaster 18k, please tell me more

Howdy,

I purchased my first watch and wanted to gather any information you can offer. I purchased it for 2k and think it’s interesting. I’ve never seen a watch with gold and turquoise and had to have it.

upload_2023-11-10_21-50-23.png upload_2023-11-10_21-50-54.png upload_2023-11-10_22-0-31.jpeg upload_2023-11-10_22-1-0.jpeg upload_2023-11-10_22-1-15.jpeg

Hi welcome.

Sorry to say but bracelet has nothing to do with Omega. While it may be original, and could have been installed by the original selling dealer, it was not supplied by Omega. JBC, or JB Champion was a maker of these cheap stretch bands which were in fashion at one time. Gold plated top caps and stainless steel, with synthetic stones.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Do you have a recommendation for an original band for this watch ?

I’m a fan of the synthetic stone plated band but would appreciate an original band.
Edited:

Omega watches like this were originally supplied on a simple leather strap.

As an accessory one could purchase various Omega branded bracelets from the selling dealer. The most common one from this period would be what is known as a "beads of rice" or BOR bracelet.

Finding a solid gold BoR will be quite the challenge though. Not to mention its value will far exceed the value of the watch itself.

Do you have better photos of the watch the one photo of the dial is very poor.

Dial has fair amount of spotting, not very good condition. Omega logo appears partially lifted, was it re-attached? Font looks ok to me dial probably original see what others think. Case is polished. The dial spotting is probably much less visible on the wrist.
I dont think the bracelet adds value to the watch. Price seems high to me but it is 18K.
With above issues I dont think it is a very collectible watch, but if you like it you should wear and enjoy it.

I suspect the pictures don’t do it justice, IMHO it could be a pretty nice looking watch on a different strap. (We cannot say anything about the movement obviously).