Posts
1
Likes
1
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have an Omega Seamaster from the 50 which I would like to identify the reference number. On other Omegas I open the case and look at the back of the case but on this model the case is one part and you can only access the movement from the glass. I am not that expert to risk opening the case myself. Photos attached.

Thanks for all your help
Dione

 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,452
Are you sure? It looks like a snap back case rather than a front loader.

The mid case kind of looks like a 165.010 but these were screw backs.
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,978
This looks like a Ref. 2846. I think these had snap-back cases.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ko-2846

However, I don't know if these came with full-steel cases with just a gold bezel. I thought only gold-capped, which would include a full gold top.

You may want to take this one to a watchmaker and ask them to open it up to be sure of what you have.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
193
Likes
175
If fully original like that, it is a very cool configuration.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Great dial on that watch. The bezel is definitely throwing me off.

Here is a 2846. Not sure it's a match, TBH. The OP watch has lugs that merge smoothly into the case.

 
Posts
365
Likes
1,675
Lovely ! 100% take it to a watchmaker to open.

Before that, reverse image searches may help you with the ref # and other info.
 
Posts
7,359
Likes
25,868
Very similar to this watch I have...



Cal 562 with 18.8 million serial # Ref. 14763 from ~ 1961. Not sure yours is same Ref. because your Seamaster font seems earlier.
 
Posts
18,731
Likes
38,881
Not sure yours is same Ref. because your Seamaster font seems earlier and it has a snap back v screw back case.
FIFY
😉
 
Posts
786
Likes
841
Pretty certain this is a 2975. Snap on case back. The desifn transformed into a five digit ref (can’t recall) and the six digit ref. 166.010

 
Posts
25
Likes
25
Very similar to this watch I have...




Cal 562 with 18.8 million serial # Ref. 14763 from ~ 1961. Not sure yours is same Ref. because your Seamaster font seems earlier.
That dial! 😍