Forums Latest Members
  1. 2nastie Jul 28, 2017

Hello fellow members,

While I eagerly wait for my Speedy Tuesday to come in, I've been searching a classic 50s/60s Seamaster "dress piece" to fit the everyday lower profile wear.

I came across this piece while at my local watchmarker.

Would value some members quick thoughts on the piece. Overall it appears to be in good vintage condition. Maybe a slight polish... not sure if the crown is original but it is an omega crown... anyone familiar?

Waffle Dial. Lume plots still present. Caseback stamped seamaster in text within the box, no seahorse version. Comes with original ST buckle. Omega strap - not original.

Cheers!

IMG_8193.JPG
    Edited Jul 28, 2017
    Giff2577 likes this.
  2. Gordon Heavyfoot Jul 28, 2017

Looks like a nice example based on the one pic. The crown is incorrect.

2nastie likes this.
  3. Canuck Jul 28, 2017

Most who would offer an opinion on value would predicate the value on what they would be prepared to BUY it for. Let's hope someone comes along that would be prepare to base their price on what they would SELL it for.

2nastie and chadpowe11 like this.
  4. 2nastie Jul 28, 2017

Thanks for the opinion my friend.

Thanks for the reply. And I do agree with your statement. However, I wasn't asking for a pricing/value on the piece. I'm more so "valuing" people's opinion of the correctness of the piece or opinions in general.

It is with my local watchmarker (well-established locally) and on consignment basis like all of their watches when they get them in. There is taxes on top and general price would equate to roughly $800 usd before taxes. I'm from Canada. Comes fully serviced (trained in Omega watches) which is always a plus. The buckle adds some value but I am more intrigued with how clean the watch is.

5. perks713 Jul 28, 2017

I seriously need to find these stores in Canada, stupid Vermont has basically no vintage watch locations.

6. 2nastie Jul 28, 2017

Haha, we are very very limited here. This is probably the only local "shop" (more of a watchmaker) that would carry vintage pieces.

Edited Jul 28, 2017
  7. 2nastie Jul 28, 2017

Forgot to ask, which crown is the correct one? The one similar to the constellation one?

8. perks713 Jul 28, 2017

Hahah, it's a nice looking piece. The only Omega I've tracked down locally so far is a gold women's watch :)

9. Canuck Jul 28, 2017

I have an Omega replacement crown on my caliber 355, date at 6:00 bumper model contemporary to yours. This is not an original 1950s crown, but it is Omega. I wonder why, in the opinion of some, that a 60-year old watch with a genuine service part would be worth considerably less than one in the same condition, with a correct, original part!

P7066377.JPG