Forums Latest Members
  1. mmmadman Jan 19, 2015

Hi All

I inherited this watch from my late grandfather who died 14 years ago.
    I dont know much about it but have some pictures for you to have a look at.
    Its fairly worn and had an aftermarket strap which was very worn so I removed it
    It is in working order and keeps reasonable time.

I was wondering if its collectable and an approx guide price if I were to sell it.

Many thanks...

Omega 002.jpg Omega 003.jpg Omega 015.jpg
  2. mmmadman Jan 19, 2015

Hi all, I forgot to mention this is an update as I did ask the same question in 2013 but did not have any pics of the inside, so this is an update, I should of added them to the original post but hey ho...

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2015

Calibre 410 hand-wound sub seconds dress watch ~33mm Reference 2830 in gold-cap circa 1956

mmmadman likes this.
  4. mmmadman Jan 20, 2015

Many thanks dsio, is it any good, any idea of vaue?
    What do you mean by gold-cap?

5. redpcar Jan 20, 2015

No gold on the bottom side to wear off. Take a close look at the bottom of the lugs. Gold cap is typically a thick, long lasting solution to a gold filled watch that will wear through on the edges. If you can't afford a solid gold watch, this is the 2nd best option.....in my opinion

mmmadman likes this.
  6. mmmadman Jan 27, 2015

Many thanks all.
    Does anyone have an idea of what it's worth on the market, am I best selling privately or on eBay...?

Cheers...

7. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Jan 27, 2015

Imho, it might reach US$300 on a straight auction on eBay, bit of a guess but it is highly unlikely to go over $500 and it may not even get to $200