Forums Latest Members
  1. jessy Jun 29, 2017

Hello,

I would appreciate your opinions on whether the dial is factory original or not. The white dial is showing a paper like texture that I have never seen before on other examples. Looking from the side of the watch the applied indexes do not seem to get paint (redial finish) on the their bottom edge therefore the dial does not seem to be repainted.

Please shed some light.

Thank you.

omega_cal265.jpg omega_cal265_2.jpg
  2. fjf Jun 30, 2017

It is weird-looking, for sure. Maybe it was cleaned, and then reprinted?. The "SWISS MADE" can almost be seen. Maybe was just cleaned?. Does not look like a dial of that era. They are usually varnished.

jessy likes this.
  3. François Pépin Jun 30, 2017

I would say original. The markers look correct, as well as the subdial. A better pic of the Omega script would help.

jessy likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 30, 2017

I vote original, but very harshly cleaned.

That would explain the weird texture to the dial.
    gatorcpa

jessy likes this.
  5. davidswiss Jul 1, 2017

The printing at the bottom of the dial has almost disappeared so could be the result of bad cleaning or could be moisture ingress. Other than that the dial face looks a bit weird but not refinished and the design and hands are correct for a '50's 265. I have a gold one with textured dial but the layout, hands and etc. are the same as yours. Doesn't look too bad.

jessy likes this.
  6. jaguar11 Jul 1, 2017

I don't know much about the watch but like the car!:)

jessy likes this.