Forums Latest Members
  1. bob1123 Jun 16, 2014

I recently acquired this 1950's omega bumper. I looked up the case number, and as far as i can tell everything checks out. I have taken it to several shops to get it looked at, but nobody had enough experience with old omega's to say anything worthwhile about it. Could you tell me anything about its originality/authenticity/approximate worth?
    Ref # 2635
    Caliber 351
    Serial dates from 1950
    Case has some light scratches.
    Dial and hands show some age.

$_5r7.JPG $_5rt7.JPG $_5w7.JPG $_57.JPG $_507.JPG $_597.JPG 761142336_tp.jpg
    Varasc and citizenrich like this.
  2. John R Smith Jun 17, 2014

I have a gold-capped 2635 which I am wearing at this very moment. They are a really nice period piece, listed as "Seamaster" in the Omega Vintage Database but they never seem to have Seamaster on the dial (!). Yours is a stainless case which looks to be in very nice condition, still with crisp edges and of course the pierced lugs - which make strap changing a breeze. The dial is somewhat patinated but as long as that does not bother you it is all correct with the original hands too. The crown is also correct for this reference. The 351 movement looks reasonable from what I can see in the photo - these are rugged old beasts and with a service should go on for many years. Most parts are still available, either new from Omega or as NOS and generic on eBay.

Value? Well it all depends, but here in the UK probably £250 to £300 GBP, on an open eBay auction. Most traders would redial it in black and get double that, of course . . .

citizenrich likes this.
  3. Hijak Jun 20, 2014

Very nice original watch and excellent find Bob...looks great just as it is, I'm a big fan of this type of patinad dial!:thumbsup: (movement looks excellent as well)

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 21, 2014

Beautiful watch. The design is my second favorite (very close second to the Longines Conquest from mid-50's).
    Love it!