Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN 1950s Angelus Datoluxe moonphase cal. 256 - 750euro

1. septentrio Mar 12, 2020

Lovely Angelus project for sale. It is a true barn find. It was checked by my watchmaker and found to be a viable project as the movement is in good condition and just needs to be serviced. The date buttons are not working consistently but that can easily be fixed. When shaken the seconds hand sometimes runs for a few seconds but then stops. The stem and crown are missing. I am selling due to changed priorities. As you can see, the dial is original and has lived a rich life. There is radium burn and some damage just left of the "3".

Angelus has been the first manufacturer to produce a split number date caliber with complications of the day and moonphase which makes this type attractive in my opinion.

Angelus Datoluxe
    35mm without crown
    early 1950s
    local pickup or bombproof shipping between 15 and 65 euro (watch is located in Belgium)
    750 euro net to me

SERIAL: 256093
    DIAMETER: 35mm without the crown
    DIAL: The watch dial has a strong patina and is completely original. Some damage just left of the "3". Nice contrast in the finish between the outer minute track ring and the rest of the dial. Original radium on the numbers.
    CASE: The case is stainless steel and in excellent condition. Sharp and unpolished. Very nice faceted fancy lugs. The caseback has some superficial marks. Original crystal is scratched.
    HANDS/CROWN: Hands are the original blued ones and are pristine - the match perfectly the patina of the dial. Radium stands well in both hands. The crown and stem are missing (but can easily be replaced according to my watchmaker)
    MOVEMENT: 256 manual wind caliber with moonphase
    STRAP head only - takes 18mm straps

Returns are ofcourse allowed if I misrepresented the watch or the condition.

2 recent feedbacks on this forum (I have many many others worldwide):
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/septentrio-wonderful-seller.99859/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/septentrio-is-a-great-seller.99841/

Pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tamarro71, ani-micheal, d.f40 and 2 others like this.
  2. septentrio Mar 13, 2020

Friday evening bump!

Important notes that I forgot to mention:
    The movement was inspected by my watchmaker and he indicated it is good and can easily be saved with a good service. The date discs are complete and good, only a bit dirty in some spots. Moondisc is nice. He was surprised about the condition of the movement. The buttons for date changing were also good but needed a bit of scrubing to make all move nice and fluent again. The glass can easily be replaced. He also mentioned that good service stem and crown could relatively easily be sourced. Would not matter that much (to me at least) that the crown would be a service example as the original was unsigned as well. So all in all his view is that this is a very viable project, and a piece worth saving. I tend to agree but have set other priorities. Price is now already about 300 euro lower then my investment, but that’s ok. If someone is passionate about taking on the challenge, I might even be open for a good offer ;) Let’s get this to a good home.

Edited Mar 13, 2020
    Tamarro71 and rootbeer7 like this.
  3. septentrio Mar 14, 2020

Bump!

Tamarro71 likes this.
  4. septentrio Mar 15, 2020

Withdrawing this tomorrow so will leave open here for the last 24h, get in touch if you're interested ;)