Forums Latest Members

1950ish Omega De Ville Dynamic Automatic watch question

1. zebutcher Nov 28, 2014

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and the main reason why I registered here is because I have a question for you guys.

I'm in the process of trading one of my watches (Nixon Regent Automatic) for what is supposed to be a 1950ish Omega De Ville Dynamic Automatic. The problem is the vendor is not that particularly verbal about his watch and that is scaring me…

Apparently, this watch belong to his grandfather which gave it to his father which ultimately gave it to him. He’s currently selling the watch for 750$ but is convince that the watch worth way more than that. He told me that the watch is real and genuine with the original Omega metal band. The acrylic glass is pretty beat but I’m not that stressed about it knowing it’s an easy and inexpensive fix.

Soooooooo, my question to you guys is do you think this watch is some kind of fake or not? What should I be looking for, any recommendation on hing sto look for or question to ask him? I have the weekend to think about it.

Please help!!! Omega_DeVille_Dynamic_Automatic_1950.jpg Omega_DeVille_Dynamic_Automatic_1950-2.jpg Omega_DeVille_Dynamic_Automatic_1950-3.jpg Omega_DeVille_Dynamic_Automatic_1950-4.jpg

2. Hijak Dec 1, 2014

This watch was not from the 50s but in fact from the early 70s I believe. I would be cautious...someone who knows these dynamics better should chime in shortly.::popcorn::

3. zebutcher Dec 1, 2014

Thanks for the answer @Hijak!

After a few more research, I came to the same conclusion as you. The Omega Dynamic movement was invented in 1968. Knowing that, this watch is definitely not from the 50's!

I didn't move forward with the transaction, thanks for the help!

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2014

Bit late I know, but this is a very late example of a dynamic from 1973 or later I think. By the time of this model the quality of the movements used in them had gone backwards. You were right to move on and look for something better.