Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1947 Tissot Automatic (Bumper) Wristwatch ref. 6546-1 - £375 ONO

1. tyrantlizardrex Mar 18, 2023

Hello folks.

Having spent the winter going through boxes, drawers, safes, and padded envelopes containing both watches and parts, I'm now just about ready to initiate a Spring Clean and start letting a few pieces go.

First up is this Tissot Automatic (Bumper), reference 6546-1, which the serial number puts at 1947.

- stainless steel case, case back and crown
    - 33mm across (35mm including the crown)
    - 40mm lug to lug
    - 18mm lugs
    - automatic movement (bumper), which I believe is from the 28- series of movements
    - silvered dial has patinated, with a large darker area to the centre of the dial
    - gold coloured hour, minute, and second hands
    - gold coloured applied markers at the hours (1-11), with a gold coloured applied arabic 12
    - printed "Tissot automatic"
    - printed outer second track with arabic numerals at 5 second intervals (60-55)
    - service history unknown, runs but timekeeping not guaranteed, and it should be taken as a given that this watch should be serviced if the owner plans to both use it, and turn up to things on time.
    - NOTE: the bumper springs are damaged. A very good, full length used set are included in the sale (details below).

IMG_3439.JPG IMG_3440.JPG IMG_3446.JPG IMG_3445.JPG IMG_3444.JPG IMG_3441.JPG IMG_3442.JPG IMG_3443.JPG

The springs that included were gifted to me by the very generous @michael e - and having discussed this sale with him, I suggested (and he agreed!) that his generosity is played forward.

So £50 of the sale price of this watch will be donated to Brads Cancer Foundation - a charity established in September 2003, to raise funds toward providing equipment for the care and lifestyle specifically for teenagers with cancer in the East Midlands, supporting the development of a Teenage Cancer Unit, with the Teenage Cancer Trust, and providing support to teenagers with cancer and their families.

A worth cause, I think we can all agree.

For those that would like to view in person, the watch, and myself are in London - I will also have it at this month's Time 4A Pint.

Asking Price: £375 ONO plus postage (irrespective of price agreed £50 goes to Brads).

If you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Many thanks

Chris

Edited Mar 19, 2023
  2. tyrantlizardrex Mar 23, 2023

OHPF - :thumbsup:

CLA05 and YYTIN like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Mar 27, 2023

Huge thanks to OF for the opportunity to sell goodies to likeminded folks, and to the buyer of this fun little Tissot.

It is off to Canada, and £50 from the sale will be donated from the sale to Brads Cancer Charity this week.

DrmexicoII, CLA05, Vitezi and 4 others like this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Mar 29, 2023

Watch shipped to Canada today, and donation made to Brads. :thumbsup:
    3151F6CA-5B17-4DE3-9099-89744737A2BE.jpeg