Forums Latest Members
  1. jacko23 Apr 24, 2014

IMAG1115.jpg IMAG1121.jpg IMAG1122.jpg Hi there guys first post on the forum long time viewer,

I recently purchased this watch and I am wanting to get some more information about it I was told it is a 1945 omega wrist watch possibly a military watch because of the welded lugs it also has a number engraved on the underside of the lug. im not sensitive if you have bad news either so just hit me with the information please

Any help would be much appreciated I just want to find out some history of the piece and if any one has anything similar let me know please

many thanks in advance jacko

2. marturx Apr 24, 2014

Hi and thanks for posting!

Amazing to see such a worn watch! Looks like it has been worn for most of its life, which is 70 years by now. Someone must have loved it really much. It´s not so common to see that a watch has been worn so much, so that the lugholes has worn through the lugs, and that is also the the reason why they have been welded, so that the owner could continue wearing it!

So not a military watch (unless the caseback tells a different story) because of the fixed springbars, but wow if that watch could speak to tell it´s story! It must have seen a lot of action! ::blowup::

3. Selbo Apr 24, 2014

Linen for me today..

Linen.jpg

4. Selbo Apr 24, 2014

Ack, sorry jacko23 and marturx - wrong thread. I hit "latest" and ended up posting in the wrong spot. Please disregard me, my linen, and my incompetence.

5. jacko23 Apr 24, 2014

haha don't worry about the linen and the incompetence Selbo its a nice piece and thanks for sharing.

yes Marturx it looks well worn I bought it not working and I am going to get it fixed to add to the collection im in Brisbane Australia if anyone has a suggestion for a good watchmaker cant wait to wear the old thing and find out the history. it does have some bad engraving on the case back which is a bit of a shame of a blokes name any idea's let me know

6. marturx Apr 24, 2014

Selbo´s watch doesn´t fit in this company. Looks far to mint! :)