Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1944 Mercure Minerva 'économie chronograph' cal. 13/52

1. septentrio Aug 2, 2019

For sale:

Mercure (Minerva) 'économie chronograph' cal. 13/52
    35mm crown excluded
    no box or papers
    Shipping: international insured, 15 to 35 euro depending on location - bombproof packaging
    Minerva inhouse cal. 13/52
    765 euro net to me

This is a special case, and a rare bird. It's the 'économie chronograph' as designed by Minerva in the 1940s to provide a cheaper alternative to the chronographs marked as Minerva. Extraordinary caliber with a strongly reduced number of parts. For more information and background I refer to the below images from specialized Minerva lecture - the pictured watch is identical to mine in every aspect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The condition of the watch is exceptional, almost NOS. The chrome plated case shows no wear. The lugs are sharpt. Only very light scratches and a somewhat more pronounced imperfection on the inside of the left upper lug. The caseback is also good. The dial and blued hands are perfect. Original radium as verified with geigercounter. Pushers and crown are original.

It is a project though. The movement runs, but the chrono does not at this stage. According to me it is related to the upper pusher which does not seem correctly installed (it is a bit loose) and hence does not 'engage' the chrono correctly. This was pronounced as such by a watchmaker that had a quick glance on it. The movement is complete and no immediate structural problems were apparent. With some care by the correct watchmaker this should be up and functional in no time. I have other priorities now and therefore would prefer to sell 'as is'. The watch is sold head only (18mm lugs).

The watch is with me in Belgium. Bombproof shipping is my middle name and payment can be done through Paypal (costs for buyer) or else Paypal F&F or wire transfer. I have some feedback here, and more than 100 reviews on the Dutch Horlogeforum.nl. I also have a perfect ebay track record, next to an IG page with 1000+ followers (a_pylyser).

Pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]