Forums Latest Members

1943 Longines "sei tacche" with stepped case and (rare) two-tone dial – SOLD!

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 6, 2018

Here’s a vintage Longines that you won’t see everyday, week, or month. It is ref. 5172 that was originally invoiced to Terrasse, Longines’ agent in Sweden, in 1943. The archival email confirmation from Longines will be provided to the new owner.

The watch is in very good condition overall, and believed to be fully original, with the possible exception of the crystal.

The steel case measures 33mm excluding the crown. It is a stepped case, as the photos illustrate, though not as high as some. The case shows very well on the wrist, but there are some relatively light scratches on the ‘sei tacche’ screw-back. I have a small wrist, but even taking that into account, I would say that this watch, perhaps because of the uncommon case and dial designs, wears a touch larger than its case size.

The dial is an attractive and rare two-tone with a sweet inner ‘railroad’ minute track, Arabic numerals, and a sub-dial. There is some lacquer degradation, but it is evenly spread, and not very intrusive to my eye. The fine stick hands are blued steel.

The cal. 23.M movement is in excellent condition, and is working properly. However, it has not been timed, I do not know the last date of service, and would strongly recommend one for regular use.

I’m sure that most readers are aware of the high values of desirable vintage Longines these days, so, if you are comfortable with a watch of this size, this may be a nice opportunity without breaking the bank.

I ask $1850 or NRO. The watch is located with me in Lisbon, Portugal, and will be shipped EMS (express) at my asking price. I can accept dollars or Euros via bank transfer, or Paypal (fee at buyer’s expense).

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Apr 6, 2018
    bigsom, valjoux72, Matty01 and 22 others like this.
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Apr 8, 2018

Wish I had the funds. GLWS

jerryct likes this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 8, 2018

Still available!

aap likes this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 11, 2018

One time reduction before being offered on other venues! $1500 or NRO.

5. Jonatan Apr 17, 2018

Such a nice watch, GLWS Tony!