Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1940's Jaeger LeCoultre, Ivory dial, Stepped SS case

1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 15, 2015

Lovely vintage Jaeger LeCoultre, made for the European market, caliber P 469, vintage 1940's, fully serviced in August 2014, but no longer under warranty. Watch will ship with the barely worn custom-made David Boettcher three-piece bund style strap shown below. Overall, it's a real gem, and hard to find one in this condition.

Dial:
    Ivory dial with a very pleasing vintage patina. Signed Jaeger LeCoultre, railroad track chapter ring, arabic numerals, milled sub-seconds register. Dial has original finish with a warm and pleasing vintage patina. Sharp blued-steel sword hands and small seconds. Dial and hands have original lume, but no longer glow. There are a few specks of lume dust inside the crystal, one at five.

Case & Crystal: Striking double-stepped case in stainless steel, great condition for a watch of this age. Correct unsigned crown. Just a hair under 34mm in diameter without crown, 36mm with, and 42mm lug-to-lug. Stainless steel pressure-fit caseback, very shallow etching on the caseback exterior from what looks like old adhesive. Caseback is correctly signed LeCoutre, Swiss. Crystal has some light scratches from wear.

Movement: In great condition and fully serviced 8/2014. Signed Jaeger LeCoultre Company, caliber P469, manual wind. Winds and sets smoothly, keeps good time. Movement and inside caseback pictures were taken at the time of service.

Priced at US$ 650. Payment via PayPal only. Fees and USPS shipping included for US buyers. International buyers pay actual shipping costs over US$20. Search "jaeger lecoultre military style" in ebay advanced search to see similar current and sold examples in inferior condition, not working, unserviced, or wildly overpriced.

No returns. Please review the pictures carefully as they are an important and integral part of the description. Glad to answer any questions you may have - just shoot me a PM.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg jaegermovement.JPG jaeger2.JPG
    image.jpg

Edited Aug 15, 2015
    Ko1892, michael e, dougiedude and 5 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 15, 2015

Sold. Many thanks to the buyer and to OF for this great marketplace. :thumbsup:

pcdubc likes this.
  3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 15, 2015

Dang, last I saw, selling this one was just a thought... wish I'd asked!

Snooze, ya lose...:(

Congrats to both :thumbsup:

pcdubc likes this.