Forums Latest Members
  1. immmhus Sep 1, 2016

Hey guys

Have been checking out this old school breitling and was getting a little bit interested about it, can anyone tell me if its a redial and the movement looks pretty old, stay away or buy buy buy? it really cheap at the moment and if anyone knows a little bit more about the value of it that would be appreciated too?

Thanks

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png
  2. TexOmega Sep 3, 2016

I say original, and since it's your money, I say BUY:D

There has been some moisture, most likely humidity, get to the movement, so get it serviced.

This is from the early 1940's, my only Breitling, under their NICELY brand. Yours from the same era.

DSC07218 (Copy).JPG

DSC07213 (Copy).JPG

il_fullxfull_1062372441_qw90.jpg

Edited Sep 3, 2016
  3. immmhus Sep 3, 2016

Do you know what a good price to pay in this condition would be, it's current in the mid 100€ mark

4. TexOmega Sep 3, 2016

Only you can decide this, look at closed ebay auctions for similar buys.

5. marturx Sep 4, 2016

Be aware that that is a tiny watch, like 31 or 32 mm. Chrome plated upper case. No shock protection, so a vulnerable watch. Hardly a daily beater, more like a museum watch. I once had an Heuer with that movement, but sold it because of the size, the case material and the vulnerability of it.

6. immmhus Sep 5, 2016

With every watch I purchase first of all I want to buy at a good price, no emotional buys.

And thanks for the advise on the watch it's probably a little bit too beat up for my taste

7. François Pépin Sep 5, 2016

It is a Venus 170, with a redial to make it looks like a Breitling.
    A true Breitling would have the B name on one bridge.

8. Skrotis Sep 5, 2016

B
    Belive unsigned bridge correct before 45 from Breitling

9. TexOmega Sep 5, 2016

Yes, same for Heuer.....doesnt appear to me a redial.

10. François Pépin Sep 5, 2016

Well, could be because of the pics, but I find the Breitling script too thick and the sec subdial shows inconsistancy.

Though, I have checked online to be sure and the lettering seems OK.

But the dial still seems odd to me: I feel like the B script does not match the rest of the dial as it does on the B website pics.

That plus the lack of any evidence on the movement - though it could actually not be a definite red flag - make me doubt it is a true B.

But obviously I could be wrong! There are so many fake V 170 Breitling that I may be too suspicious...

Edited Sep 5, 2016
  11. François Pépin Sep 5, 2016

By the way, the minute recorder ´s spring is missing. Not a big deal - parts are not difficult to find - but it seems the movement is quite beaten and other parts may be needed.

I guess now it depends on the price of the watch...