Forums Latest Members
  1. timescape Apr 19, 2013

m_001.JPG m_005.JPG
    Hello

Just joined the forum as I have a vintage Omega that I really didn't rate as I had no idea as to exactly what it was. Nearly sold it on ebay until someone made an offer that made me think 'what exactly have i got here' and after research glad to say it is going nowhere but to restoration and then on my wrist !!

The dial is in need of sorting, looks OK but it isn't, and want to know if anyone knows a really good restorer who will take it back to its former glory ?

Have added a couple of pics to show fellow aficionado's what I have.
    Cheers

Varasc likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Apr 19, 2013

I don't know if I'd touch that dial. Collectors want originality, and no matter how pretty a redial can be it still isn't original anymore.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 19, 2013

Just get some hands. As Dennis says, you touch that dial and you may as well throw the watch away.

4. timescape Apr 20, 2013

Thanks guys, I understand what you are saying but the dial is not stable by the number four and five marker as the paint is coming off.

Is it possible, to retain originality, to get it cleaned and a partial repair then re lacquer or whatever ??

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 20, 2013

ta

take a closeup pics. of the mentioned area and post here for comments. kind regards. achim