Forums Latest Members

SOLD 1936 Berthoud (Universal Genève) chronograph Compur

1. septentrio Jul 23, 2019

For sale:
    Brand and model: Berthoud (Universal Genève) chronograph
    Diameter: 35mm crown excluded
    Papers, box and accessories: none
    Shipping: international insured, 15 to 45 euro depending on location - bombproof packaging
    Movement: Universal 385 manual wind column-wheel chrono
    Price: 1000 euro net to me

This lovely Berthoud chrono can leave my collection. Berthoud was one of the Universal Genève founders, and end 1930s his name appeared on some models that were mainly meant for export - Berthoud’s was used from the 1920s until the 1940s, in countries such as the Netherlands, New Zealand, France, South Africa–even Iraq.

This specific model is almost identical to an early Compur 30 UG reference, see the very last image below after the pictures of my watch for reference purposes (not my picture). Differences are the shape of the hands (consistent with all other Berthoud examples I have seen) and cal 385 instead of 285/386.

The watch was found by the previous owner on the flea market (!!) in Holland. The watch is untouched and original, except for the crown which is a later service replacement. The watch runs and the chrono works, yet it is very clear that a service is overdue, so this should definitly be calculated in by the potential buyer.

The chrome-plated case is still very nice with only limited wear. The dial is very well conserved, with only light patina. The blued hands are as good as perfect. Nice olive pushers. Caseback in nice condition. Crystal very good.

The watch is with me in Belgium. Bombproof shipping is my middle name and payment can be done through Paypal (costs for buyer) or else Paypal F&F or wire transfer. I have some feedback here, and more than 100 reviews on the Dutch Horlogeforum.nl. I also have a perfect ebay track record, next to an IG page with 1000+ followers (a_pylyser).

Pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]