Forums Latest Members

1930s Tissot mono pusher - help with movement / value etc

1. carvoeiro Mar 10, 2014

Hi,
    i found this, i have to say i love it and i'm going to see it tomorrow
    Its expensive and i don't want to make a mistake.

The owner is being a bit cagey about the fine detail - he thinks cal 6579 -but i don't recognise the movement
    Seems to be a 1937-39 mono pusher chronograph,
    All comments welcome and would be appreciated
    Especially any realistic idea of value

tissot5.jpg tissot1.jpg tissot2.jpg tissot3.jpg tissot4.jpg
  2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2014

That certainly is gorgeous...but out of my sphere of knowledge unfortunately.

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 10, 2014

The watch has a pusher on the crown as well, so it's not a mono-pusher but rather a traditional two button chronograph with a twist.

It looks all original to me. A great looking watch. Is it being sold locally, then? You can try your negotiating skills to bring it to a manageable price.

4. carvoeiro Mar 13, 2014

Thanks all
    it was beautiful in real life, the photos did it no justice at all = its now mine :)

5. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 1, 2014

can you take a picture of the crown as well as the entire crown side of the watch? My watch guy is a Tissot expert.

Be extra careful about who you have touch or tinker with this watch. Not easy to source parts. I'm not saying what yours is worth but I've seen these sell for as high as $4000 to $5000 at legit auctions (all-in).

You have a gorgeous very original looking watch there.

Is it a 15 jewel movement? My impression is that the black dialed version of this watch ("military') is more valuable but that's just my impression which isn't worth a whole lot.

There should be a serial number stamped on the movement near the bottom left lug near the regulator. I can't see it in the attached photo...