Forums Latest Members
  1. shishy www.hpmor.com Jul 2, 2020

1.jpg

General Details
    Another one bites the dust.

Offered here is a lovely 1930s art deco Movado with swivel lugs and a sapphire crown.

It has a manual wind Movado movement (service history unknown), though it's been running well in the past 3-4 months I owned it. Comes on the pictured brown 2 piece leather strap.

I don't have a picture of the movement or inner caseback -- normally I'd go to my watchmaker but I recently moved and the ones around here are not open / have extremely limited hours due to COVID. I'll do my best to go as soon as I can find an opening.

Measurements:
    Size is 22mm x 45mm, my wrist is ~7" for reference in the images below.

Flaws:
    - Service history unknown
    - One of the bars is bent
    - There is a tiny dent on the case above 12 o'clock
    - The crystal is chipped in the top right corner

^ Let me know if you have trouble noticing any of these and I will try to point them out explicitly.

I had difficulty pricing this, so would like to start by asking $3,250 (Now $2,550) shipped. I'll entertain all offers as always, certainly happy to figure out a price to any interested and keen Movado collectors.

I can cover shipping to most parts of the world (I'm in the United States).

Happy to answer any questions you may have, so don't hesitate to reach out. You can find plenty of references I have here and on MWR as "shishy" and on IG here: https://www.instagram.com/supershishy/

Pictures:

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

266FF99D-1B15-47C7-9D15-BED31F399A5C.jpeg

Edited Jul 4, 2020
    HWC, CaptainWinsor, Gwade and 14 others like this.
  2. shishy www.hpmor.com Jul 4, 2020

Hmm... after some more thinking, I may have priced this too high :thumbsdown:

So now down to $2,550 or best offer (all are considered).

EDIT: Aaaand she’s gone

Edited Jul 4, 2020
    cnivinc and bigsom like this.