1922 Leonidas - Royal Yugoslavian Airforce - Historical Timepiece (REDUCED $3.5k)

Dear Omega family,

Up for sale is an exceedingly rare 1922 Leonidas watch, issued to the Royal Yugoslavian Airforce.

The timepiece dates back from the 1920s when King Alexander I was the sovereign of the now defunct Yugoslavian kingdom. His coat of arms appears on the dial of the watch, and is engraved on the caseback.

He was assassinated in Marseille, France in 1934 while on official visit.

This was actually one of the first assassinations to ever be caught on camera for the time (see below for history nerds):

The Royal Yugoslavian airforce was then a fledgling entity with mostly foreign planes, dedicated to reconnaissance and border patrol.

This timepiece is exceedingly rare, and I’ve known of only two other of these ever located, one having sold on Antiquorum 10y ago, for north of $12k USD.
Link to Antiquorum’s listing:https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/lots/leonidas-lot-307-24

What I am offering today is a piece of horological history. It is over a century old.

Brand: Leonidas
Movement: Venus workhorse movement, not original to the watch (same as Antiquorum’s watch). Working condition, but can get magnetized with electronics around. Serviced 3 years ago.
Case: all original, in very good condition
Caseback: engraved, featuring the Royal Yugoslavian crest
Dial: all original, except for the fact that the numbers were lumed a while back
Hands: replacement hands

IMG_1095.jpeg IMG_1096.jpeg IMG_1102.jpeg IMG_1101.jpeg
leonidas normal.jpg
As you can see, some particularities here and there - but overall a unique proposition that should, as Indy would say, belong in a museum.

Asking price: $4.5k USD OBO + shipping CONUS at charge of buyer. Sale in person available in New York.

thank you for the space and for your kind consideration.
Edited:

Like 11
Inscription on the dial:
“Milan T. Stefanovich
Belgrade”

Hmmmn! it would seem it took a while to learn the lesson about the risk of assasination with open cars....... Arch Duke Ferdinand, King Alexander and JFK immediately spring to mind..... probably more

Like 1
Hmmmn! it would seem it took a while to learn the lesson about the risk of assasination with open cars....... Arch Duke Ferdinand, King Alexander and JFK immediately spring to mind..... probably more
Incredible isn't it? I found the story fascinating.