1920s Mil-Cushion, Porcelain, Gold Plated Extravagance

Location: US FS 
$ 550 USD
Posts
656
Likes
981
Wow that title was a mouthful!

I present to you dear forum friends, this gorgeous little 1920s anonymous cushion watch.



When I saw it listed on german ebay years ago I fell in love immediately: gold plated all around, with a warm brass finish, original flowered crown it beckoned to me! I have a soft spot for cushions and Hubers, Helvetias. This one felt right up my alley.



The dial and hands are militarily styled, although I doubt this watch saw more action than a cigar and whiskey on a cheaterfield chair. Yellow patinaed hands dance with that beautiful white porcelain dial, the mil-hour track in red numerals offers a striking contrast with its big blocky yellow lumed fellas.



This watch shines of course with its personality and good looks, under the hood nothing incredibly interesting, a older movement that keeps decent time, but nothing mind-blowing.



What you get with this watch:
  • 1920’s sass
  • A lesson in military time-reading
  • Alot of yellow



Truly a cool watch. Now imagine it at your wrist come this Holiday season, as you take in the reflections from you Fir’s glittering apparatus, bask in the smoky goodness of your fireplace, sipping your favorite bourbon. Truly glorious. You may even grow one of those curly mustaches as you revel in this magnificent dial, manly and formidable.

Now the nitty gritty:
  • 32mm case excluding crown
  • gorgeous gold plated case and original crown
  • yellow lumed cathedral hands and corresponding clean large numerals
  • red military time inner track
  • movement runs well, but I have no service history