Forums Latest Members

19 year old Canadian Footballer Alphonso Davies is a stud!

1. wagudc Feb 25, 2020

Alphonso Davies is a rising star, he put in another amazing performance in the Champion's league today. He is absolutely amazing to me, and at 19 he will only get better.

2. CaptainWinsor Feb 25, 2020

The North American soccer programs are turning out a couple of stars. Yeah. I like him being Canadian myself but it’s sad we have such a disappointing program here. It’s all about money and not teaching kids how to play.

3. KingCrouchy Feb 26, 2020

As a Fan of Bayern Munich since young, Phonzie is really the revelation of the season for us. I'm really looking forward to see him develop further as a player. Will be interesting to see how the Canadian National Team will profit from rising talents like him.:thumbsup:

4. wagudc Feb 26, 2020

Indeed, I am in the US, and a lot of pay to play clubs. Recreational youth soccer is a mess because most of the coaches are parents who have never played soccer.

5. wagudc Feb 26, 2020

I am a Bayern fan as well. I would also like to MLS improve and it is great to see that league play a role in the development of this rising star. On a side note, hasn't been great to see the rise of Gnabry and the return of Muller? Coman is quick and all, but he lacks the creativity of Gnabry.

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 26, 2020

What part of the US are you in? I'm in the DC area, and while that was the case when I was a kid (far too many years ago), all of the coaches I have been meeting the city league my son plays in grew up playing themselves, and many played at the college level. I'm the oddball assistant coach, as I never played in college soccer (although I played in many different leagues for 35+ years)..

7. wagudc Feb 26, 2020

I am in rural extreme Northern California. I call it the Oregon part of California. There is a lot of support for American Football and Baseball, but not for soccer. I played American Football growing up, but I wish that sport would go away. It is too much of a gladiator sport and really, few people can play it after high school. If you have the leagues to support it, you can play soccer into your 50s and sometimes 60s, same with softball. I like to see kids develop a love for a sport that they can play into adulthood.

8. KingCrouchy Feb 26, 2020

Nice:thumbsup:, I think the MLS is developing into the right direction going away from to many old stars towards building up promising talents. I'm really impressed with Gnabry since he played at Hoffenheim on loan he has been steadily improving and is one of our key players. He's very straightforward in his actions and can be very clinical in his finishing. I find him more impressive playing in the center as on the wings he lack a bit the dribbling ability and has a longer way to the goal. Müller played amazing against Chelsea, his last 4 Seasons weren't great and I was very unhappy with his overall performance. Since Flick became coach Müller has been steadily rising to old form, especially as a hanging striker, on the right wing his strengths don't really come into play.
    The problem with Coman are his constant injuries and his lack of precision in his actions. When dribbling and passing his opponents he lacks the precision when trying to give assists. He's also much easier to defend as his actions are very predictable, dribbling, a trick, sprint and a missed center. Gnabry on the opposite is very unpredictable and doesn't always rely on his speed.

wagudc likes this.