Forums Latest Members
  1. harrymai86 Oct 4, 2016

Hi there,

This deployant got me very confused as I tried to look through the thread to compare between fake ones out there and genuine one #94521813.

It got all characteristics of the genuine one but some people I showed it to firmly say it is a fake while some others say it is genuine .....very confused here. If it is a fake, the level of craftmanship is scary now.

Please, any affirmation can help :(

Thanks alot guys

20161004_161004.jpg 20161004_161107.jpg 20161004_161814.jpg 20161004_161047.jpg
    Omeg@007 likes this.
  2. keepitsimple Oct 4, 2016

It looks OK to me -

I've seen some of the fakes (in fact I was once given one), and the ones I've seen have been slightly shorter, have a sort of "kink" in the curved part rather than being a smooth curve, the "OMEGA" typeface is wrong, and that small hole above the E isn't there. The fit and finish is not nearly as good as the proper Omega version - not such a nice and positive "click"- and the typeface and spacing of the 94521813 is also wrong.

All of those points look good to me in your pictures - comparing it to mine (which I know is genuine).

Having said that, fakers are getting better all the time, and I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make a really good reproduction.

What are the characteristics that have been pointed out to you that "make it a fake" ?

harrymai86 likes this.
  3. harrymai86 Oct 4, 2016

Yes I was very confident with it being genuine, however lots of fakers out there sometimes you cant be too sure.

You mean the hole of this fake here, clearly goes through the text E, this one is easy to determine.

IMG_7637_zpsdb0496ae.jpg
  4. keepitsimple Oct 4, 2016

Well, at least it has the hole - but yes - the typeface is wrong too (and the wrong size).

Looks like it's supposed to be rose-gold ? hate to imagine how much the genuine article is...

There are probably quite a few on ebay to do a visual comparison against yours - normally retailing in the low tens of dollars - which is a bit of a give-away I guess.

harrymai86 likes this.
  5. rcs914 Oct 4, 2016

The easiest way to tell is to compare edge finish, and that the background of "OMEGA" should always be brushed, not polished.

What I mean by edge finish though is to look at the small edges, and in the crevices where the spring bar attaches. On the fakes this is always rough - the originals have a lot more detailed finishing. fake deployant.jpg

Omeg@007 and harrymai86 like this.
  6. yinzerniner Oct 4, 2016

The pics provided are a little blurry so can't make a 100% determination of authenticity. However, judging from the pics can say there are a few areas that give me pause - mostly text alignment but that's tough to fully judge since the pics aren't either fully head on or lit enough.
    Finishing looks mostly ok, as @rcs914 mentioned you usually find rough edges on the more egregious ripoffs.

harrymai86 likes this.
  7. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Oct 4, 2016

Your 18mm deployant is genuine. Go procure a 20 to 18 strap for it - generally $110 at OB.

harrymai86 likes this.
  8. harrymai86 Oct 4, 2016

Sorry for the blurry pixs, the text and code number are perfectly aligned. I just check again by hand and they are clearly well done without any rough edges. I think I will stop worrying about this and try to get a 20-18 strap.

Thank you guys for your assesments

9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 4, 2016

From photo, it looks fine. But photos are bad decisions when comes to compare between Fakes and Genuine.

What i have notices is. the ( OMEGA ) logo on that Deployment is not quite perfect as Genuine...I hope i am Wrong

10. harrymai86 Oct 4, 2016

The area with text Omega is matt finished as a genuine should be. but this deployant is roughly used so the text fades abit :)