Forums Latest Members
  1. Furze Jul 21, 2016

This is what I know, this is a 18K yellow gold Dennison case, with yellow gold pie pan dial reference 168 5415. Cal 561, serial is 1969XXXX, I guess from 1963/64. I think the bracelet is original, maybe someone would care to comment. The bracelet could be full length as it's way too long for my skinny wrist.
    What I don't know is current value in UK for the watch head only, and with the bracelet. and also is this considered a Luxe model?

Thanks. 2016-07-21 15.26.29.jpg 2016-07-21 15.27.32.jpg 2016-07-21 15.28.33.jpg 2016-07-21 15.22.03.jpg

2. Edward53 Jul 21, 2016

I can't comment on the model, but is that bracelet soldered on? I have an 18ct Seamaster De Ville with a similar bracelet that I planned to replace with a nice tan leather strap, but I discovered the other day that the bracelet is not pinned but actually soldered to the watch head. Which is a bummer to say the least, especially as the bracelet's for someone with a giant 8" wrist. Anyway if yours is the same you'd need to factor in the cost of removing the bracelet, which I imagine will take some skill to leave the case looking untouched.

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 21, 2016

There's a thread somewhere recently debating bespoke gold bracelets
    Where it might just be an Omega clasp attached to a jeweller made bracelet or even an Omega symbol applied to the clasp
    Any Omega marks on the bracelet ?
    Makes a huge difference to the value
    The head is nice but slightly polished
    Nice medallion
    Crown looks worn from this view
    Can't tell if the scratches are just on the crystal or dial as well
    Dennisons while well made and heavy gold are less desirable to some than Swiss cases
    If mint a head like yours could fetch £2500 to the right buyer
    So figure somewhere south of £2000 on eBay?
    GB£s are cheap at the moment for international buyers....

Hope that helps

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jul 22, 2016

This is the British equivalent to the De Luxe model 14394. Dial is 18k too. The bracelet may well have come as an ensemble because Omega UK often accessorised De Luxe models with a band. It also offered buyers a service where gold bands could be permanently fixed to the watch head.

It is a genuine UK produced band by the looks of it and the marks will be Omega UK marks with the usual UK hallmarks - worth way more than melt value.

The case isn't bad. Some rounding of the lugs but they still have definition. Bezel looks okay and crown looks original. Dial is very good. In terms of value, it's most valuable in its country of origin, although I know a few commonwealth collectors who like collecting UK Connies, so I'd say, at a stab and this being a De Luxe version, that the head is worth at least 2500 pounds, and with the crystal polished and a jeweller's cloth over the case, maybe more to the right buyer. A reasonable bricks and mortar in a major city in the UK would probably have a ticket of around 4000 pounds for this watch head.

Cheers

Desmond

5. Furze Jul 23, 2016

Thanks Desmond for confirming my initial sentiments. As the bracelet is fixed and unwearable to me, if it's a keeper, I would have to have bracelet removed and replaced with a strap - seems a shame!

6. Furze Jul 23, 2016

Thank you for your input, very kind.

7. Furze Jul 23, 2016

Yes, bracelet is fixed, and would have to be replaced if I intend to wear, as I have skinny wrist. Thanks for your input.

8. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jul 23, 2016

The other option is to have the bracelet re-sized, which I have done on occasions. The clasp can be re-welded in gold on to a reduced strap. Should be around a 100 pound job at a manufacturing jewellers..

If you take this option, do allow a half size of play, because as one gets older one's wrists inexplicably seem to inflate in direct proprortion ot one's waistline!

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 23, 2016

Or.... you can sell it then find another head only Connie Deluxe....

10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 23, 2016

Here it is in a British catalog, from Old-Omegas.com:

[​IMG]

IMO, it was originally sold like that. The case reference in the catalog refers only to this watch with the bracelet. The reference inside the watch refers to the model of the head only.

[​IMG]

Even has matching cuff links. Stunning combination.
    gatorcpa

11. Furze Jul 23, 2016

Hi Desmond,

re-sizing, never thought of that as an option, as for the allowance of play, reminds me of quote from Asterix and Obelix, Obelix says "Oh, my chest has just slipped a bit".