18k Omega men's watch...need help with ID and valuation

Hello, thank you for your help from this forum. My father left me a Men's 18k Omega in his estate that I am trying to identify and potentially sell. My local watchmaker opened the case and provided me with some initial info. The watch was a wedding gift from my Mom's family, so it dates the watch around 1966-1968.

18k body and strap
Calibre 620
836 257 / 7166
manual wind

I have tried to ID the watch using Google Image search, tried matching the reference numbers, but get very few matches so it must be a rare piece. It closely resembles Deville models, but does not specify that anywhere. Any help identifying this model would be greatly appreciated, as I am looking to sell this watch. It is in very good condition and fully functional, needs some lubricant but other than that it was barely worn and kept in storage for the past 20 years. omega.jpg IMG_20231207_115049__01.jpg IMG_20231212_123209.jpg IMG_20231212_123243.jpg IMG_20231212_123313.jpg IMG_20231212_123411.jpg IMG_20231212_123423.jpg IMG_20231212_123429.jpg IMG_20231212_123504.jpg IMG_20231212_123522.jpg Pictures below:

Unfortunately not a popular style right now so the value will be just above the scrap value of the gold.

Thanks, I think the valuation is less important to me at the moment than in assistance from the collective wisdom, experience, and knowledge of this community in identifying the year and model of this timepiece. I would like to be a good seller and provide any potential interested parties with good information as to what this handsome watch is. I've done a fair amount of homework already (yes, Google is my friend, etc.) but so far with few concrete results.

Again, thanks in advance to the community for any help/guidance you can provide!
Edited:

Unfortunately there were many many watches that are not cataloged so there is very little information available. The reference number information contained inside the case is the best you can offer a potential buyer. If you can provide a photo of the movement we can give you a bit more information regarding your watch.

Yeah, I ran the series/refernce numbers through all the usual decoders and lookups, but nothing came out a match, and it certainly is a cryptic system in some ways. My local watchmaker opened the case when I asked him to look the watch over, I should have taken a photo of the movement in hindsight. He did mention Calibre 620, but I'm sure there's other numbers - I'll go back and see if he can pop the case open again for me so I can share that.

Thanks for the feedback!

The serial number on the movement can be used to date the watch within a few years.

Yup, all the information is in the photos, except the information we need to give you the production date.

It’s a good looking watch. This is a nice photo. Good luck with it.

IMG_7325.jpeg

Simple watch model with no name. Probably one of the lower priced gold models vs, something with a larger manual wind 3 hand or automatic

As X350 XJR said. Maybe 10 - 20% over gold value as it can be sold as a watch

Hard to sell as cut to fit a certain wrist size and too much bling (attracts the wrong attention).

My father had a similar no name (as in NO name) and got 10% over gold value. I sold it on behalf of my mother. No one wanted it

All the points already made are valid, the welded fixed bracelet is a big drag.

The 620 is a super slim 17mm movement normally seen in smaller pieces. It was used in the Deville D6672 and I suspect yours is related to that. Is your watch 33mm across? If so this is another drag on value as it’s small for modern male tastes, and can’t easily be resized for a dainty female wrist.

If it sounds annoying to you that the watch is only worth its scrap value when there are thousands of vintage steel watches out there which shot up in value, take comfort from the fact that the price of gold is today many many multiples higher than its true value when this watch was made in the 1960s. As such yours now outweighs itself. I had something v similar in 9k and there managed 25% over scrap, but the higher the gold value, the less desirable it is as a watch sadly and I too agree that you’ll be lucky to get 10% over scrap.
Edited:

All the points already made are valid, the welded fixed bracelet is a big drag.

The 620 is a super slim 17mm movement normally seen in smaller pieces. It was used in the Deville D6672 and I suspect yours is related to that. Is your watch 33mm across? If so this is another drag on value as it’s small for modern male tastes, and can’t easily be resized for a dainty female wrist...

Agree on the wrist size, I tried it on but it was very tight. Yes, the watch is 33mm with if you include the crown. Very similar to the Deville line in appearance, but without the labeling.

Unfortunate that the watch is worth more for it's metal content, but I guess that's how the world works. In the perfect world, there would be someone who would appreciate it for what it is as a timepiece. Hate to think it would be melted down someday...

Get a scrap gold weight. Try a number of gold buying places. Might work out better if they’re also re-sellers rather than scrappers. Could get a better price

Someone might buy it list with good price and details on bracelet length and you wont feel bad about scrapping it yourself.

That's about 2.25oz weight on the watch, so a good 1 to 1 1/2oz weight for the body/bracelet. At $2k /oz for Gold that's about what I could probably get from a scrap buyer. This jives with what I'm seeing on eBay etc for similar styles and models

You need to use Troy ounces, and this is not 24 karat gold. Better just to use metric units. Realistically, you can get about $40 per gram of 18k gold from a gold buyer. I think you might have about $1500 of gold, but that's a very rough guess.

Asking prices on eBay and C24 are meaningless. If you can find sold items (auctions) on eBay, that would be useful data.
Edited:

You need to use Troy ounces, and this is not 24 karat gold. Better just to use metric units. Realistically, you can get about $40 per gram of 18k gold from a gold buyer. I think you might have about $1500 of gold, but that's a very rough guess.

Asking prices on eBay and C24 are meaningless. If you can find sold items (auctions) on eBay, that would be useful data.

Thanks, that is useful. Learning my way through this so appreciate the input