Forums Latest Members
  1. Compagnon Jul 29, 2012

Yes, not often, but on a regular base. It now needs a new battery, but it works perfectly!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 29, 2012

Yea they are known to go through batteries really quickly

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 29, 2012

Absolutely stunning watch, and I'm not a gold watch fan!

4. Lee_Kamichi Dec 17, 2014

Hi guys,
    I found this old thread when searching info about the 18K Gold Stardust 2.4Mhz MegaQuartz. I have one that I inherited from my dad, he bought it in 1977 and wore it daily as his regular watch. Yes, I know :) Since the watch has been used daily it naturally has some scratches, but is otherwise in quite a good shape. I'm wondering what to do with the watch, because although it's stunningly beautiful, it's also way too big for me to wear without looking ridiculous. It would make me really happy find a new owner for the watch, someone who would also use it, as I feel that this particular piece wants to see the world and also to be seen by it :)

The machinery currently needs a 2000€ service which according to Omega dealership should make it run like new. If the watch finds a new owner, I will have it serviced so that it will be working perfectly when starting a new life with the new owner.

Thanks in advance for any insights / opinions on finding a new owner for this piece!

Omega Constellation-1.jpg Omega Constellation-2.jpg Omega Constellation-5.jpg
  5. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 17, 2014

MMMMMHHHH.......... OK

First have a read of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Marine_Chronometer

I know a guy who wrote it ;)

These really are my kind of watch so here goes and I hope it is helpful: An identical and running model sold at Fellows auction house in the UK about three weeks ago for around £3500 I believe, it was running and in good original condition. The bracelet is showing some 'sagging' however it is by no means terrible, unfortunately it is the nature of this type of 18K Omega bracelet, I have seen far worse but it is a result of 37 years daily wear and is difficult/ impossible to put right. This probably wouldn't bother many people but the collectors market for these watches is quite limited.

Overall it appears clean, the case is good and would come back well and the dial appears to be in good condition (they are a key factor on these watches)

Regarding value, it will be very dependant on the movement condition (working/ not working/ condition), the dial condition (crack free or not), one things for sure for gods sake don't scrap it!

The ONLY place in the world who service these now are Swisstec (a subsidiary of Swiss Time Services) in the UK: www.swisstimeservices.com, you would be better contacting them if you already haven't, I would imagine at euro 2000 it requires a motor unit and quartz circuit, both obsolete although I know swisstec have a few ;)

Hope this helps and good luck with your quest

Thanks Tom

Edited Dec 17, 2014
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 1, 2015

7. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 2, 2015

I know the chap who's selling this (its not me, I would be that crackers), it is nigh on NOS, if anyone is considering it drop me a PM and I can put you in touch.

If I hadn't bought mine (featured above) I would have moved heaven and earth for this

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2015