Forums Latest Members
  1. KARNAK May 17, 2013

Hi all,
    Just looking through the net and came up with this little number it's a bargin at $8.39 MILLION, one of a kind. Any rich billionaire's on the forum have one?, if not here is your opportunity. Just cannot believe anyone would pay this kind of money, totally mindboggling but there must be a market if they are making them.

Regards,
    KARNAK.

2. ulackfocus May 17, 2013

Um, link or maybe a few pics?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 17, 2013

The 1735 is made by Blancpain, not Patek. Here is a photo of the 1735 that I took while at the factory:

[​IMG]

Back:

[​IMG]

This shot shows the parts in the watch, each housed in their own little space for display purposes:

[​IMG]

744 parts in total, but there was some controversy over how they were actually counting the parts, so other brands felt this number was inflated:

[​IMG]

At the time I visited the factory, this watch listed for 750,000 CHF...

Cheers, Al

4. KARNAK May 17, 2013

Hi Dennis/AL,
    Sorry,found this watch on the net just by entering world's most expensive watch, could not reply earlier as I had a computer glitch.
    Regards,
    KARNAK.

5. KARNAK May 18, 2013

Hi all,
    Sorry about the confusion, my finger trouble, I just put world's most expensive watch into Google and this came up but it definately indicated the price as $8.39Million can't figure as Al indicates it worth 750,CHF! I guess Al should know and what it showed on the net must be very wrong.
    Regards,
    KARNAK

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 18, 2013

Yea, even the platinum Patek 2499 that sold at Christies recently was under $4M

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 18, 2013

Well, to the best of my knowledge, the most expensive watch ever sold is in the Patek Museum in Geneva. It is the Henry Graves Supercomplication watch, and it sold at auction at Sotheby's in 1999 for just over 11 million US dollars. Of course PP bought the watch, and some brands do this at auction (sometimes using individuals to buy anonymously so people don't know the brands are buying their own pieces back) in an effort to raise the prices on vintage watches, and make their brand more valuable in the eyes of collectors. It's a somewhat questionable practice in my mind...anyway...

I took these photos of the Henry Graves watch at the museum a few years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This watch has 24 different functions, and in 1933 it was the most complicated watch ever made....of course that has been surpassed now.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al