Forums Latest Members
  1. thewall Feb 27, 2013

Hello Everyone,
    i'm trying to find some information about an auction I'm following. I don't know the exact model (maybe the168.023). I've attached the only 2 photos i have, so do you think it's the right model? What do you think about it? Is it a good watch? Are there some fake risks? Should I pay attention to some particular details? The owner told me that it is all original (except the leather stripe). He hasn't original case neither the omega certificate. What is it value in your opinion? Thank you in advance!
    seamaster.jpg seamaster1.jpg

2. ulackfocus Feb 27, 2013

That's not only a good watch, it's a forum favorite here.

It's a caliber 751 inside and was introduced in 1967 and ran into the very early 70's.

3. thewall Feb 27, 2013

Thank you Dennis, what is it value in you opinion? It seems to be authentic? In the first photo is not possible to read "certified", but only "cert". Owner told me that the cause is the magnifier. Is the glass with magnifier authentic for that model?

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 27, 2013

Of course we would like to see the movement to verify it is a 751 as it should be, but the watch is not fake. The lugs do not look pristine, but nor do they look too badly worn. A better photo would help there. It is unlikely that the watch came with the magnifier, however Omega made these for several models and it was possible to to add them at purchase or later. In any event the crystal is easy to have replaced on these if you don't like it and it is no big deal. The 750 is an excellent and very desirable movement. It is considered a good purchase. Prices can vary on these depending on condition and case material. Value is subjective, but I would suspect between $800-1100.

5. ulackfocus Feb 27, 2013

Yeah, it looks good. These have been selling for $600 and up recently with top examples bringing $850 - over $1000. The owner is correct about the day/date magnifier blocking the end of CERTIFIED.