Forums Latest Members
  1. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

Hello,

I was hoping to get some of your folks opinions on this particular watch and where it should be serviced. I recently picked up an Omega 168.019 and I’d like to have it serviced. I’m torn on whether I should have it serviced at the SWATCH group in Toronto,Canada or by my local watchmaker.

As far as I know SWATCH charges $680CDN for this particular watch and my local watchmaker quoted me around $500CDN. I know if I take it to Omega they will change whatever parts are deemed damaged as well as give the case a polish. Which I would like. I had great success with having my 2254.50 service from SWATCH about a year ago. Not sure what to do in this case.

What do you suggest?

Best Regards,

Carlos

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 8, 2020

May I suggest you do a site search on Omega servicing vintage pieces? You'll find a boatload of threads.

3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 8, 2020

Since you specifically want a case refinish, then send it to Omega. They will put the proper factory finish on.

Tom

Deegz likes this.
  4. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

I did a bit of research and could not find anything specific to this model. Since it’s not an older constellation and it’s a cal. 751 I’m not sure if SWATCH replacing worn parts on these particular watches.

5. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

Hi Tom. That’s one aspect of this cushion case that I like. I feel like they can restore it pretty well since there’s enough material to work with. I just wasn’t sure if they would be willing to that to a 50 year old watch.

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 8, 2020

It's still a 50 year old watch, which qualifies as vintage in my book. You don't need to have a specific watch referenced to search. Search vintage watch service by Omega. Also, read a thread of mine about Omega putting a proper factory finish on the watch. VetPsychWars has absolutely no first-hand experience, yet he continues to post this crap. Read this, and the original thread linked, before you decide. https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-145-006-saga-is-over-finally.38167/

7. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 8, 2020

Excuse me but I've sent a Speedmaster and a DeVille to Omega for service. Not once was I disappointed with the case finishing.

So to accuse me of posting "crap" is not warranted.

Tom

8. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

I did look into those threads and its unfortunate. Omega made some huuuge mistakes with your watch. I believe I read your thread before I sent my 2254.50 but I also read many positive experiences. I was happy with my personal experience but the watch I sent was a much more "modern" watch.

Did they replace any worn parts in the movement? Could your watchmaker fix the over polish or did you end up leaving the case as is?

Another question regarding this model I couldn't find an answer to is regarding the bezel. Is the bezel white gold or stainless? I know the fluted bezels on these models are white gold but not sure about this particular model.

s-l1600 (6).jpg