16600 Sea Dweller inputs please.

Posts
1,517
Likes
8,284
Hey Gang, can I get your visual on the dial and hands and bezel please. Hoping to bring this baby home over weekend.

bezel is matte. Is it a natural occurrence? Or was it acetone stripped?

mucho gracias.
 
Posts
1,504
Likes
2,434
Might just be the pics. Doesn’t look matte to me. What year is it?
 
Posts
1,390
Likes
15,744
Nice chamfers. Guess year 1999 to 2007 as no lug holes and no tritium. Bezel would be aluminum and maybe faded with time.
Edited:
 
Posts
6,832
Likes
13,799
Looks good to me, the bezel fade is weird so soon but I guess it can happen.

would like to see pics of wrist of the lugs etc as well as movement
 
Posts
1,504
Likes
2,434
Nice chamfers. Guess year 1999 to 2007 as no lug holes and no tritium. Bezel would be aluminum and maybe faded with time.

For what it’s worth my 2001 has lug holes.
 
Posts
85
Likes
105
Nice chamfers. Guess year 1999 to 2007 as no lug holes and no tritium. Bezel would be aluminum and maybe faded with time.
Lug holes from 2004 onwards.
Swiss made dial from 2001 onwards. before there were transitional swiss only dials.
 
Posts
1,504
Likes
2,434
Lug holes from 2004 onwards.
Swiss made dial from 2001 onwards. before there were transitional swiss only dials.

I think you mean “no lug holes” from 2004 onwards, correct?
 
Posts
6,832
Likes
13,799
I believe so but there is an overlap as you could find watches with lug holes in stored after 2004.
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
8,284
I’m requesting more photos...thank you gents.
I have yet to see a faded bezel like this for a relatively new model.
The case and bracelet looks far newer than its faded bezel, which looks cool as hell, but I’m curious if it’s original, or period correct.
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
8,284
looks good to me, similar to mine (2008)

can you share a photo of your bezel?
 
Posts
1,517
Likes
8,284
It’s a F serial, puts it in 2004-2005.
there’s a “T” after “16600”

I learned something new:
“Every Rolex professional watch, not just the Sea Dweller, has a T on the case if it was once a lug through-hole model that was changed to a blind-hole case.

The T stands for Trou Borgne, french for blind hole - French is Rolex native language.

Generally you do not see the T on paperwork.”