Forums Latest Members
  1. bigsom Aug 16, 2016

Hello everyone, am considering this cosmic automatic. Looks like a very nice daily wearing watch, but wanted some opinions. It looks honest to me and the crown has been replaced. To my inexpert eye the dial is original (marred at the 2 o'clock marker), hands looks scratched up, and crystal has some scratches as well. What do you guys think?

edit - Also thanks again in advance for looking. It must be excruciating dealing with new members always asking similar questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Aug 16, 2016
  2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Aug 16, 2016

Does the watch fit your wrist? I just learned, all Cosmics are not the same size. I just picked up(Ebay) a great solid grey face with cross-hair/reticle, fantastic dial and in real good condition, but it is small.
    How much?
    Are you a day/date guy?
    One of my fav's
    2016-01-17 001.JPG

3. bigsom Aug 16, 2016

I am open to new experiences for sure (lovely watch btw). The seller told me it's 36mm the looking i've done says it's 34 mm. I recently bought a 2757 (34 mm) and am getting used to that as well.

he's asking 235 USD which seems fair for the condition of the dial (marred and slightly dented).

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Aug 16, 2016

OK here is the one that is too small.
    COSMIC.jpg
    They look identical but they are not. 33mm without the crown, 36mm lug tip to lug tip.
    The black face is 35mm without the crown, 38mm lug to lug. In person the 2mm difference is immediately noticeable.
    Now, all that aside. The price seems reasonable.

One more thing. The grey Cosmic has a 17mm band width (odd)
    The black one 19mm, not so unusual for Omega so the strap will look different too.

5. bigsom Aug 16, 2016

Thanks for the comparison. Gotta be careful. Yes I agree, 33 to 36 is a significant difference

6. Pradeep Aug 16, 2016

From memory these are front loaders, so I'd be concerned about the crown change and the dent on the dial. It shows that the watch has not been handled well in its life. What a shame.