Forums Latest Members
  1. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 8, 2013

Hi,

I have come across a 166.032 Seamaster Sparkle in very good condition. The problem is that it has a correct period Cal 750 movement but the OVD says it should have a Cal 752. Has anyone seen this model with this movement before or has the movement been replaced?

Thanks for your time

CS

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 8, 2013

Cal. 750, 751 (chronometer) and 752 all correct for this case reference.

3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 8, 2013

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 8, 2013

For a polished case (though nicely done) the price is too high. For reference, here is the nicest gold cap seamaster of this style that I have in my collection (needless to say it is the factory original finish):

[​IMG]

Pradeep and Alpenschneerot like this.
  5. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 8, 2013

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. Beautiful and rare watch you have there too. I notice that the script on the sellers dial is much thicker looking than yours, is his dial re done as well?

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 8, 2013

I think the dial is original - different styles since mine is a chronometer dial and the one you posted is not.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 8, 2013

I haven't dealt with the seller, but while the price is high, it isn't completely ridiculous and might indicate he is willing to consider offers?

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 8, 2013

I'm interested to know what you think a fair price for this is. He says it has been serviced but I'll take that with a grain of salt ;)
    He has sent me pics of the inside of the case back to verify the numbers which are incorrect in his listing and the movement which looks very good to me. He has also told me it will cost $85 to ship to me unless I pay by wire :eek:

9. pitpro Likes the game. May 8, 2013

Looks to me, he thinks he can get $795. No make offer.
    But I would anyway. He can lower BIN I think.
    Take a run at him and offer him $700 if you
    really want it. And lower shipping price too

10. ulackfocus May 8, 2013

If that were a chronometer 751 model (168.023) he'd get that kind of money for sure. Like Mike says, that's a very nice job on the case with the right polished facets.

As it is, I'd say pitpro is in the correct ballpark.

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 8, 2013

i paid something starting with a $6xx (honestly can't remember) for my silver sparkly, with matching bracelet. But it wasn't serviced.

12. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 8, 2013

I think he has polished the brushed finish off the bevel on the sides and probably left the rest alone but not sure. I have sent him an offer and will see what he has to say.

13. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 9, 2013

He accepted my offer. ::psy:: Now I just have to hope the parcel isn't intercepted by the local government extortionists.

Thanks so much everyone for your input and advice.

14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 9, 2013

they are great watches.

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 9, 2013

I think half the mod team here either own or did own examples of these, and they're still undervalued for what they are, especially the chronometer versions.

16. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 9, 2013

I think I first saw this model here and fell for that radial brushed finish on the bezel. I like the case shape and the sparkle dial too. Looks like I have ended up surrounded by enablers here :D I think a nice black dial will be next to go with the silver and gold.

17. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 9, 2013

A gold dial version is definitely on my to do list.....

18. pitpro Likes the game. May 9, 2013

Congrats! Nice watch

19. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage May 9, 2013

Thank you kind sir. I took your advice but my offer was a cheeky one considering his asking price and got the shipping down to cost.

Now the wait begins. The seller has a few other interesting vintages for sale too that may be of interest the beginner collectors here on the forum. They cover most styles and conditions but seem a lot better than the vast majority on the bay IMO. I'll keep you all posted to let you know how the transaction went, so far he has been very helpful.

20. MKelley May 9, 2013

Good job...Congrats!