Forums Latest Members

166.024 / 166.0324 Seamaster 300 case still available?

1. OWa Jun 29, 2017

Hi guys

Do you know if the Seamaster 300 cases are still available anywhere? I would also consider a used case. I could not find anything on eBay lately and have checked Ofrei also.

Thanks and regards

OWa

Pun likes this.
  2. cvrle1 Jun 29, 2017

Cousins UK still has them:
    055ST1660324 - £1,050.00

You can also contact WatchCo and see if they have any in stock: [email protected]

3. OWa Jul 1, 2017

Hi cvrle1

Thanks for your answer. I havn't read the best customer reviews about Cousins UK. Do you have any experience with them? I wrote a mail to WatchCo. Let's see what they reply.

Cheers

4. pascs Jul 1, 2017

I have bought lots of parts from Cousins and they are very efficient. They have a no returns policy which seems to upset a number of people but if you buy the correct part then they are fine to deal with.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 1, 2017

The other "policy" they appear to have is that will often only sell you one of something, even if you order more than one. Need 2 case clamps and 2 case screws? You will likely only get one of each, prompting you to order again and pay all the associated costs a second time. I know as this has happened to me...they initially put my order through for 2 pieces of a specific part, then amended the order and only shipped one.

Quite annoying...

6. pascs Jul 1, 2017

Thats true, I had that happen to me also but I think thats for limited items from Omega? Seems a bit ridiculous for items like case clamps and screws though

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 1, 2017

I know of others who had this happen with case clamps and screws - why I chose that as an example...

8. OWa Jul 1, 2017

Thanks for your replies. I will first wait for Watchco to reply. They had listed one in may for US $ 1600 and had accepted an offer. I guess the longer I wait, the more expensive it gets. What do you guys think would be a fair price nowadays? I would love to know what Omega calculates for those if you service a vintage Seamaster 300 . Has anyone experience with this? I had a newer Seamaster 300 Professional serviced a couple of years ago. They swaped the case due to water resistence issues. I think they billed me about US $ 450 for a complete case.

Cheers

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 1, 2017

A full case for an SMP will be a hell of a lot more than $450 now, if @Archer would care to kindly comment again we can get an accurate updated figure but my guess would be a minimum of $800, maybe even $1,000. The bezel and crystal are at least $450 if the UK prices carry across internationally.

Cousins customer service is woeful and they have the cheek to claim credit as the white knight who are standing up to Omega's parts anti-competitve parts supply policy. It has been shown time and time again that everything they do, they do for the good of their own bottom line and seem to have a screw everyone else policy when it comes to faulty goods or open packaging etc.

10. cvrle1 Jul 1, 2017

I picked up that same case from Cousins last year, and everything worked out fine. But it was just one item. WatchCo does actually give quite a good discount if you order directly through them, and not through eBay with them. I bought a dial and I got 35% off the eBay price. Not sure if this is same discount across the board that they do, but just as an fyi.

As for the cost, from what I read, there is quite a nice markup on these service parts. It is a bit cheaper to piece together parts than to buy a "watchco sm300" These sellers know that there is a demand, and supply is decreasing, so they can charge arm and a leg, and people will still buy if they need them.

11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 1, 2017

yes, omega parts have increased substantially. different % for some items, but a lot over the range. kind regards. achim

12. uwsearch Jul 2, 2017

Official service centers can have a new case complete with caseback, bezel and crown for chf670.-, dial is 130.- and hands are 30.-

watchyouwant likes this.
  13. OWa Jul 3, 2017

@uwsearch Thank you. Very informative.

Watchco answered. They do have them in stock. Now I have to make my mind... :)

Thanks all

14. OWa Jul 22, 2017

Hi guys,

just wanted to share the result of your support

IMG_0317.JPG

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Eve, BlackTulip, Edward53 and 3 others like this.
  15. vitriol Jul 22, 2017

Very nice:) I much prefer the builds with black date wheel. Did you build it by yourself?

16. OWa Jul 22, 2017

Thanks
    Yes, I have built it myself. I hope it is not to obvious.
    Cheers

17. cvrle1 Jul 22, 2017

Nicely done. What strap is that if I may ask? Thanks

18. OWa Jul 23, 2017

cvrle1 likes this.