Forums Latest Members
  1. Kulprit Oct 23, 2017

Hey folks!

First post here. I recently picked up a 166.0203. As soon as it arrived I knew I was in trouble, as the bracelet had apparently been sized for a fetus. I checked eBay and ofrei to see if extra links could be obtained, but I didn't come up with much. Finally, I gave up and ordered a bracelet extender from Esslinger since I needed stuff from them anyway.

Well, last night the extender came in and I went to put it on. That's where things went from bad to worse. The spring bar for the Omega clasp was too short to work properly (frankly, I don't know how it was even holding on) and the drilled hole in the bracelet was too narrow for my modern spring bars. So for the time being I'm wearing my Seamaster on a strap (not the best look for this reference, imho).

IMG_0104.JPG

So I'm hoping y'all can throw me a bone. What is the best source for one of the following:

1) Extra links for the 166.0203 bracelet; or

2) An entire 166.0203 bracelet; or

3) Extra-thin spring bars that will fit in the stock bracelet; or

4) Any other helpful suggestions I'm not thinking of.

Thanks for your help!

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 23, 2017

Is your bracelet an 1193/716? If so, then extra links are still available from Omega. Part number for them is 114ST1193.

Any Omega AD or boutique should be able to order these for you - often ordering from them is cheaper than finding them on-line with 3rd party sellers.

Cheers, Al

3. Kulprit Oct 23, 2017

Yes, it's an 1193-000 bracelet.

Thanks!

4. Kulprit Oct 24, 2017

Well, the only AD that's local to me is giving me the cold shoulder. Anyone know of an AD in the US that might be more accommodating before I bite the bullet and pay ofrei's ransom-like prices?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2017

Call around and find an AD or Boutique that will sell you one and ship it. These are not parts that are restricted in any way, so unlike say movement parts there's no rule with Omega preventing them from selling it to you...

Fordex likes this.