Forums Latest Members

Omega Stories: The Non-America’s Cup - A Superb Omega Defined by What It Isn’t

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2022

[​IMG]

When I first became really interested in Omega watches, there was an incredibly popular and sought after watch talked about in forums like Timezone that confused me, along with the rest of the "watch noobs". That was the Non-AC, or the Seamaster Pro Non-America's Cup.

Its one of the weirdest names for a watch out there, surpassing the Holy Grail, the FOIS and the Snoopy. Who on earth calls a watch the Omega-Seamaster-Not-The-America's Cup, aren't 99.9% of watches Omega produces "Non-AC"? [..]

Visit The Non-America’s Cup - A Superb Omega Defined by What It Isn’t to read the full article.

2. Kraal90 Dec 22, 2022

Haha! Yes this is such a good/bad name. Both at once.
    I recently learned about this refs existence and it is growing quick on me.

3. josiahg52 Dec 22, 2022

Almost bought the non-AC instead of the green Seamaster when I wanted a "new" watch for myself. In the end, I felt it would be too similar to my 2254.50 and I wanted to experience buying a proper new watch in person at least once in my life.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 22, 2022

One point of perhaps limited interest is that the watch credited to me in that excellent article is the same as that shown credited to Wetworks as I am the proud owner of Wetworks old watch. I just realised that the last sentence of the article suggests that the owner of that particular example is lucky. I do indeed feel so blessed.

I’ve said this before and I apologise if I’m becoming repetitive but for me the non AC is the high water mark of all the many SMP variants. I’ve owned at the last count 10 different SMP models over the years so have a bit of an addiction!

Edited Dec 22, 2022
  5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 27, 2022

de gustibus non est disputandum...
    Well on the other side of the sailing wrist watch spectrum, there's always the Tattersall Cup for the overall winner, as it remains the most significant and historic perpetual trophy prize awarded in the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race.... what a scenery ;)
    Tasmania.jpg

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 27, 2022

Thoroughly enjoyed this review and as is very often the case, I came away learning something new. Well done!

dsio likes this.
  7. krogerfoot Dec 27, 2022

Another treasure from deep in the ocean of Omega lore, where I wade in the shallows.

dsio likes this.
  8. Fish70 Dec 27, 2022

Love mine/

20220610_183001.jpg

Dsloan and dsio like this.