Forums Latest Members
  1. epsomearl Feb 19, 2014

Hi I have got a lady's de ville which I am trying to get a replacement movement for. can any one point me in the right direction of a possible source. Much appreciated in advance

2. ketiljo Feb 19, 2014

3. Mothra Feb 19, 2014

Seems ketiljo is on the mark. This website links the 1459 with a 281.002 eta equivalent. The cousins website lists the 281.002 as obsolete but lists the eta e03.001 as a later replacement. Does it look like it'll fit? If you are in the uk cousins would be cheaper than allwatchparts....

4. epsomearl Feb 19, 2014

Thanks for your help

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 19, 2014

The Cal. 1459 appears to be available from Omega still, so if you would like an original movement let me know and I can see if I can get you a price.

While substituting an ETA equivalent may work fine, not having an Omega movement will certainly cause the watch to lose value...it will essentially be a Frankenstein watch at best. This might not be terribly important to you but if it is let me know.

Also note that when companies use a certain movement, whether it be quartz or mechanical, there can be differences that you might not be aware of depending on what case and dial are used. For example the location of the date window (if equipped) may be different, and "hand heights" might also be different. So basically not all Cal. 1459 movements would necessarily be the same.

If you can tell me the serial number (in a PM if you like) or the reference number of the watch I'll check to see if it has a different version.

An example of where this sort of thing comes into play is if the dial on a watch has flat printed markets, or raised markers. If the raised markers on the dial are tall, the movement may have a different height code. Some movements come in as many as four different heights, but they all have the same basic movement number. There will be a suffix that indicates the hand height code, such as H1 , H2 , H3 , etc,

One Omega that this issue comes up for is the modern Omega Seamaster GMT watches. The hand height for the black dial version is different from the "Great White" version. They are both Cal. 1128 movements, but they are certainly not the same!

Cheers, Al