Forums Latest Members
  1. sjg22 Dec 6, 2015

On the hunt for a good, honest 145.022 and am incredibly appreciative of the collective wisdom and guidance from the forum members.

I was wondering about the following on the watch pictured below as the caseback interior clearly indicates it has been serviced at least twice in the past:
    - Has it been relumed? Lume seems to be in almost too good condition and thickly applied for a 145.022-69ST, particularly the twin dots at 12 o'clock...
    - Is the hour hand a replacement? Lume looks like it's in pretty good shape, although not too far off the other hands (just enough for me to wonder).
    - Is the bezel original? I think it is, but again looks like it's in perhaps too good shape to be original (barring the mark on the left side by 9 o'clock)
    - Although the pictures aren't the best, does it look overly polished (still training my eye to detect over-polished watches).

Any other commentary would be extremely appreciated. Pricing is reasonable on this (although not so good as to make me overly suspicious) and movement number is right for the reference.

Thanks again for taking the time!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 6, 2015

Tough to tell from the pics, but it looks to be a pretty honest example. Second hand is correct and appears to be tritium. Bezel is correct, who knows if it is original or not. Relume, not sure, does it glow for long after a charge from a flashlight?

When it comes down to it, it all depends on price, and ultimately do you like the look of the watch.

3. Dgercp Dec 6, 2015

To me it looks all correct and not overpolished.
    Everything seems original, but I just can't comment on lume from this photo.

4. Davidt Dec 6, 2015

Photos aren't the best but if I had to decide, if say that's all original. These 69's often have pale lume with an almost greenish tint.

The serial is correct for that bezel with the tall TACHYMETRE as well.

5. Baden Harrison Dec 7, 2015

I own a 145.022 69 and it looks spot on to me.

mine also has a green tint too the lume a few people tried to say mine had been re-lumed because of the freshness of the lume and it did get me doubting it, I'm glad to say I've seen other dials the same and swiss time services confirmed it was original.

6. Baden Harrison Dec 7, 2015

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. ibis888 Dec 7, 2015

image.jpg Hi, I just picked up my first Speedmaster and it's also a 145.022-69 with a similar looking lume. (See 'First Seamaster & Thoughts on Lume' thread.)

Baden Harrison likes this.