Forums Latest Members

FOUND 145.022-74 Running Seconds Hand

1. gdupree Dec 4, 2018

I am looking for a period correct running-seconds hand for my 145.022-74. I recently sent off the dial and handset for this watch to a well respected gentleman to have some work done, but unfortunately the running-seconds hand did not make it back to me for reasons that confound us both.

I am aware that this part is identical to the factory new part, and everything in-between it and my reference. So, it doesn't have to be from a -74 exactly, just something that is correct and is in good shape. Let me know if you've got anything... This is sad to look at.

9CCA4994-C5AC-4875-8C02-D9ED09EEEE34.jpeg

Edited Dec 4, 2018
  2. BenBagbag Dec 4, 2018

Just put the chrono hand where the second hand goes. Problem solved! :thumbsup:

Good luck with your search. I imagine any subsecond hand from 145.022-68 through the late eighties would be good?

3. gdupree Dec 4, 2018

Haha. Thanks ben!

Close, but the sub dial hands on -69's, and -71's (on all I've seen at least) have a sharper point compared to -74 onwards - so from 145.022-74 through the late 80's would all be great.... Complicating things a little more is that each subdial hand is different in it's tube length and tube diameter, and two of the three are nearly indistinguishable from one another. So I am open to taking all three subdial hands, since the chances of someone having a single spare and knowing that it's the proper hand seems very unlikely!

pascs and BenBagbag like this.
  4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 4, 2018

all three subdials hands are different

5. gdupree Dec 5, 2018

Yessir! Looking for the running seconds specifically, but open to taking all three if I need to.

The watchmaker at fault is trying to source the replacement, but I offered to help in the search knowing that there is such a deep community here... at worst, a modern production will have to do until I can find a proper one. They're practically, if not completely identical to my knowledge anyways.

Bump....

6. gdupree Dec 10, 2018

Still looking... Hoping to try to forget about this mishap ASAP.