Forums Latest Members
  1. Passover May 15, 2019

Hi!

Tried to figure out about this one but my knowlege is limited so if you could give me some hints?

Correct IMO: Stepped Dial, painted logo, short indices, movement 28mill correct range (checked on Ilovemyspeedmaster), early one so DON is correct.
    Crown 24 teeth logo on crown seems corect
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/correct-crown-for-speedmaster-145-022-69-st.69565/

Price is OK according to Speedmaster101 given parts and condition are correct

Looks unpolished or slightly polished, DON with chips, movement very clean and serviced not too long ago

My questions:
    Are the pushers correct?
    Do you think the case is sharp enough?
    Are the hands original (they look very bright),
    Has the dial been relumed?

Here the pics, thanks for looking!

Have a nice day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Davidt May 15, 2019

Looks like a reasonable example. I think the dial lume is certainly original and the hand lume is likely the same. A quick light test to see the rate of fade should confirm whether the hands are contemporary or replaced.

The case looks pretty unpolished, but obviously has age related wear. On the whole I quite like it as I'd much prefer and slightly worn and scratched original case over a polished one.

Obviously the DoN bezel is correct as this is an early serial -69. As far as I'm aware no-one has confirmed expactly when Omega transitioned from A2 to A3 crowns, but I've ben doing some research into this, and although there is likely some overlap, on such an early serial -69 I would expected to see an A2 narrow logo crown, rather than the A3 wide logo crown you see here. It's hard to tell whether the pushers are original as I don't think there is a way of distinguishing original 145.022 pushers from modern ones, but they may well have been replaced along with the crown.

eugeneandresson, Dan S and Passover like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 15, 2019

Nice dial on this Speedmaster, although the hands might be replacements...

Passover likes this.
  4. Passover May 15, 2019

Thank you guys so far - Still more input? ;)

5. ATWG May 15, 2019

Very nice example, if it checks all boxes for you, pull the trigger.

Passover likes this.
  6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 15, 2019

A lovely example :thumbsup:

Passover likes this.
  7. JwRosenthal May 15, 2019

This is one one of the more cohesive ones I've seen. If parts have been replaced, you would't know it based on the very gentle patina which is even throughout.

Taybharr and Passover like this.