Forums Latest Members

SOLD 145.022 £4950. Exceptional Condition with Patina Circa 1980's

1. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 19, 2017

A very attractive example of a later Speedmaster, outside of my area of focus hence the sale.

According to Roman Hartman's table this watch is circa 1987 - but I am no expert in the dating of this era.

Price is £4950 including delivery, bank wire.

1-P1250005.ORF-001.jpg

Comes with Box, Fresh service Invoice from STS and blank Omega Papers.

1-P1250003-001.jpg

1-P1240023.ORF.jpg

Very unusual patina for this era - and very attractive.

1-P1250006.jpg

Just returned from full service at STS:

View attachment 333034

Case is in exceptional condition:

1-P1250007.jpg

1-P1250009.jpg
    Bracelet is 1171 with 633 endlinks. Note this is NOT the 1171/1 service bracelet.

1-P1240017.jpg

1-P1240013.jpg
    1-P1240014.jpg

Movement is fully serviced, and in excellent condition:

1-P1240011.jpg

1-P1240013-001.jpg 1-P1240010-001.jpg

Provenance:

Bought by me in Paris from a well known dealer in 2012. It was said to have been serviced, but I chose to service it now before sale. It was kept in a secure temperature and humidity controlled environment since purchase, worn on very few occasions.

1-P1240005-001.jpg

Delivery and Payment

Is included, but face to face welcome. It is my experience with this value watch that a conversation on the phone will satisfy both parties, after swapping documents.

Payment by Bank Transfer is preferred, if so I propose we both exchange ID copies and speak by phone to feel comfortable.

Terms

I only sell to refocus my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe. I have been on ebay since 2002 with 100% feedback. I have bought and sold a few watches on OF and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I am the author of Speedmaster101.com and so you can understand protecting my reputation is first.

Price includes insured delivery in the USA, and will include delivery elsewhere unless you have some expensive needs.

Watch is in UK until Sunday, Then USA. Delivery from Hong Kong in March can be arranged for Asia.

Returns are welcome if you don't cost me anything to get it back to me and the watch is in the same condition as it arrived with you.

I am a private collector who rarely sells. When I do, most of the time my watches sell very quickly, and to the first person that PM's me with the words, "I will buy this watch now at your price".

In the past several people have been upset because although they are the first to reply, they ask if I can do a better price - meanwhile someone has agreed my price.

I am not in the slightest bit offended by offers, but remember that they will only make sense if the watch remains unsold after a few days.

Delivery can usually be facilitated almost anywhere

Price is £4,950 to me - bank wire preferred to my HK bank.

Some FAQ:
    Why are you selling?
    Because this watch, though wonderful, is outside the focus of my collection
    Are you a Dealer?
    No.
    What would you say counts against this watch?
    Not much. The hands might have been painted, but not by me. The bezel is correct but not perfect.
    What do you like about this watch?
    I love the patina, the colour of the hands and plots. I like the very clean case, the correct bezel and the original bracelet and endlinks. This is exactly the watch I would recommend to a first time buyer. It has the right mixture of vintage attraction with ease of ownership. (It passed the waterproof test - but not recommended you test it out!).
    What parts do you know to be replaced?
    The service parts, crown, pushers and crystal.
    Are the box and papers original to the watch?
    They came to me with the watch in 2012 - but as the papers are blank I do not think they are. Nice to have though.
    Will you take it back?
    Absolutely. You have a three day viewing period. I don't want to force anyone to keep something they don't like. You must return it to me in exactly the same condition as I shipped. If you are not sure, though, come and see it first.

1-P1250010.jpg
    Edited Jan 19, 2017
    tapaptpat, jB1128, Mods and 15 others like this.
  2. marturx Jan 19, 2017

William

You're giving us other sellers a hard time.

It's impossible to reach up to your standard! :thumbsdown:

Spacefruit and bigdubnick like this.
  3. corn18 Jan 19, 2017

@Spacefruit Would it be acceptable to plagiarize your format for any future FS ads I might place. Seems to be perfect.

jB1128 and Spacefruit like this.
  4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 20, 2017

Of course!
    Feel free.

While I would love to take credit, my inspiration was @michael e . His adverts both here and eBay are completely honest and transparent - he gives facts, like relumes or replaced hands, openly, without trying to disguise the facts.

So I try to tell everything I know, because frankly a future owner will probably discover everything about the watch in time - and I don't want any bad vibes in the future!

5. tapaptpat Jan 20, 2017

Good luck with the sale. Amazing even a fs ad can be a learning tool.

Cheers
    Pat

Paulomega likes this.