Forums Latest Members
  1. werdna77 Jan 25, 2016

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

One post seller? Price less than half of anywhere else? Even less than an Ed White parts watch that's not complete recently listed on these pages?

If it's too good.............

3. werdna77 Jan 25, 2016

That's what I kind of thought. I asked for movement pictures just to see.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

Ask to have the watch photographer on today's newspaper or something.. but really, it's a scam.

5. abrod520 Jan 25, 2016

I'm surprised this one's been allowed to remain up for so long - WatchNet scams tend to be taken down fairly quickly, usually before I have a chance to see the actual listing

oddboy likes this.
  6. wsfarrell Jan 25, 2016

The seller speaks watch language better than most scammers. The last photo is a nice touch. Manu Antiques is a real place in Hawaii, though they deal mostly in Hawaiian art and artifacts. Interested to see how this one goes.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

You might find that the text is almost word for word lifted from a well know seller around these parts.. browse some lunaroyster listings....

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 25, 2016

It's a scam. A guy in "Peru" posted an ad at the exact same price with the exact same listing pictures.

The weird part, however, is that he sent me a picture of the watch with my name on a paper behind it (exactly like the final picture in this post). His terms for payment were fishy though. I think he may actually have the watch, but my guess is that you won't receive it from him if you pay. I told him the only way I'd do it is if he listed it on eBay as a BIN and sent me the link as soon as it was active, but he said "eBay wouldn't let him do that." Mmmhmmm.

For the uninitiated - always try to get a scammer to sell to you through eBay instead of through PayPal, because eBay offers authenticity guarantees (in that you receive exactly what was described and listed in the advertisement). PayPal just verifies that you actually receive the product, regardless of whether or not it's a $5 Casio watch in the box instead of the Speedy.

nxw1969 likes this.
  9. nxw1969 Jan 25, 2016

I emailed the seller a while ago, and asked for some pics with the time set to a specific time. He emailed me back with correct time pics, and a piece of paper with my name on it, so the poster has got the watch in their possession. (see pic - that is my name scrawled on the piece of paper)

I was tempted, but in the end thought it was too risky.

When I emailed him, he initially said he was in Texas, the ad I responded to said the watch was in New York, and on quizzing him later, he said he was in Peru, so that was enough for me!

IMG-20160111-WA0006.jpg
  10. ibis888 Jan 25, 2016

The listing language does sound like it was lifted from a Lunar Oyster listing.

And even if it wasn't, I would have to think that someone who knows that level of detail about the watch would also know that the asking price is absurdly low.

He would probably have a better chance of selling it if he had priced it closer to market value. The low price is the biggest red flag, at least for me.

11. stan876 Jan 25, 2016

I agree, this price is a red flag.
    Wait for few days, you'll find it again and again, listing from different users.

12. Dgercp Jan 25, 2016

Just the way he wrote your name on there would be a dealbreaker. A little too "silence of the lambs"

13. abrod520 Jan 25, 2016

He's not representing Manu Antiques, he's representing Manu Antiqes. Small details / big difference :D

14. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jan 25, 2016

Maybe the same watch/seller we discussed in a previous thread ;)

15. grizzlycanuck Jan 25, 2016

It's the Peruvian Scammers again, someone emailed me similar pictures saying they had last spoken to me about a watch. Offered to set time etc. Same email was on a WatchNet forum post

16. Civic4982 Jan 26, 2016

Yup scammer. Told me he was in Chile.

17. werdna77 Jan 27, 2016

18. JohnSteed Jan 27, 2016

We ALL love a great deal but ...

Guys take it from someone sleepless in Thailand ... next time you see a watch listed here .... especially a nice Speedy. Just buy the dang watch especially if it's by a good standing member here

These Pandora box watches will take you down a path you'll end up regretting

sarir97, watchcollect and LawBrk like this.
  19. Civic4982 Feb 2, 2016

Sound advice.

I keep hunting for one and passed up on one a week before I sold my sm300.

Kicking myself now. Should havebought first and came up with funds later.

I ran into the same scammer. Even wrote my nanenext to the watch. When I arranged a face to face in Chile ( said he was from Santuago) with a friend he suddenly was too busy.

Waste of my damn time.

Sad now :( all that chasing a 321 for nothing.