Forums Latest Members
  1. Ivy33 Apr 14, 2017

Hello gents,

I've been a watch collector for a while, but only recently jumped into the vintage arena by purchasing a 145.012-67. The watch looks to be in excellent shape, but I was hoping some of the seasoned Omega collectors could weigh in on it. The case, dial, and bezel all look very clean. I do have a question about the bezel: the black seems to wear differently on the outer portions near the DON/85 ticker, is this normal or has the bezel been retouched/repainted? The watch came with an Extract of Archives, confirming the movement is within the correct range for a 67. I have pictures of the movement, but they are from the seller. I am looking for recommendations for a Omega watchmaker in Los Angeles, so that I have someone look closely at the watch. Any thoughts or comments about the watch generally are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Speedy 0.PNG Speedy 00.JPG Speedy.JPG Speedy 2.JPG Speedy 7.PNG Speedy 4.PNG
  2. JohnSteed Apr 14, 2017

Very nice Speedy you can enjoy every day :thumbsup:

Looks ok to my eye, but for the pushers.

Ivy33 likes this.
  3. pmontoyap Apr 14, 2017

IMHO I think its normal wear, if that edge was ever missing more paint the rest of the bezel would show more use. If somebody had touched it up he wouldn't have missed that ding at the 63 mark.

Ivy33 likes this.
  4. TomGW Apr 14, 2017

The 'mark' seems to also affect the white printed text along the outer edge of the bezel. My guess is that a build up of dirt, possibly slightly acidic, has been allowed to remain over a prolonged period and stained that area, eating into the paint.

Ivy33 likes this.