Forums Latest Members
  1. d4uk May 9, 2019

Hi all looking for a bit of advice.

I bought this lovely pre moon speedy off our very own @Spacefruit just over 3 years ago.
    And whilst it does get some wrist time, not as often as It did originally.

IMG_1472.jpg

For various reasons Ive been considering selling it recently (this isn't intended to be subversive sales post)
    but when i've shown it to a couple of traders or interested parties I'm told the lume isn't as pretty as they would have liked!
    I know what they mean but i think the dial is very nice and clean.
    It seems under a loupe that the lume has literally fallen off over the years with all of the plots now being just white.

So i'm asking should I get it professionally relumed?

IMG_1465.jpg

I'm well aware of the general feeling that it should be left well alone but perhaps if i was to come to sell it (as long as I declared the relume) it would attract a wider audience..

thoughts/comments?

2. ndgal May 9, 2019

Sure, it's so clean that the lume is almost completely gone! (This is referred to as a "Washed dial").
    I vote for relume when the dial is in this condition. Nothing is going to make the original lume "Grow" back, so might as well re-lume it and have it looking nice again.

Dan S, Davidt, gdupree and 5 others like this.
  3. 77deluxe May 9, 2019

Sell it as is. Let the next buyer decide whether to relume. A relume will not resonate with a lot of collectors, and you have to worry about someone doing the job well.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 9, 2019

This.

5. Toishome May 9, 2019

If you gonna sell it then sell it as is. If you gonna keep it then at this stage a relume can only be a plus.

6. boogedyboo May 10, 2019

I think a proper relume would help it sell better. Keyword being proper.