Forums Latest Members
  1. jayrock26 Mar 9, 2016

Hi guys,

My speedmaster has been in my possesion for 3 months now and i am having an issue with the chronograph function.

When i bought the watch everything worked as it should however the hour register wouldint always reset to 0 although sometimes it did. Now the hour counter does not move at all even after hours, should i be concerned for a big repair bill?

it will be going in for service at some point but im just curious as to if this would be an issue where new parts are needed or a simple service/cleaning to get things going.

Joel

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 9, 2016

Hard to say without having the watch disassembled enough to see the functions under the dial (that's where the hour counter is). Several possibilities comes to mind - hand blocked (no this won't stop the movement), improper adjustment of the hour recorder stop lever (brake), or not enough tension on the friction spring for the driving pinion that is fitted to the barrel arbor and drives the hour recorder runner.

There are possibly others, but those are the three that I have seen as the most common reasons for this specific problem. New parts might be needed, but everything in this area that is affected is readily available from Omega last time I checked...so the friction spring, stop lever, and hour recorder runner are all still available. Even the driving pinion is available if say something more unusual like teeth being sheared off is the problem.

Cheers, Al

3. jayrock26 Mar 9, 2016

that's great news, good to know i wont be stuck looking for discontinued parts. ill just have to take it in for service, if you have any openings AL send me a PM . i have heard great news about your service and a few others on here aswell