Forums Latest Members
  1. mementomori1983 Jun 23, 2013

2. Dablitzer Jun 23, 2013

No, but looks quite nice. I prefer the 2852 case shape to this though. looked like a nice honest example and about the going rate for this arrowhead pia pan constellations..

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

Ah not me either........:(. Agree with pricing. It is decent, especially including the BOR.

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 23, 2013

I suspect, kinda, that this may be a bit of a confection. Most 14393s, except some of the De Luxe rendition 14394, should not have "Officially Certified" on the dial. While the arrowhead marker dials could be an exception, arrowheads were around up until the 14902 on which the earliest versions also were missing officially certified, but later 14902s did have officially certified.

Can't get the pics on my mini computer big enough to call a redial, and it does seem to have the right two tone, but I would be very interested to see the dial out of the case to inspect whether it has been machined around the rim to fit. The dials on the 14381 and 14393 were smaller by about a millimeter and a bit. Hands were a tad longer on these smaller dials but on the watch in question they seem to be longer than the norm.

So I'd probably raise a red flag until I could inspect the dial more closely. Case looks untouched though, which is a plus.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 23, 2013

I think this watch will turn out ok - seller is a coin dealer rather than a watch dealer and the watch has the "crud" sign suggesting to me at least it hasn't been tampered with. Price is pretty good for what IMO is a nice honest example - plus you have the security of a 14 day return with the seller.

6. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 23, 2013

I was bidding up to the $700 range, so congrats to whoever purchased it! Looked like a very nice example that hasn't been messed with too much. I was also wondering about the Officially Certified but have a feeling it's ok - the two examples with arrowhead markers that I've seen only have Automatic Chronometer on them.

Mine:

[​IMG]

Another example:

[​IMG]

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 23, 2013

Another one I missed........:(

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 23, 2013

Took a quick look at the watch and I come down on the side of the dial being original. The caseback has a "-63" after the case reference and the serial number is 19M, which indicates 1962-63 production. I think that by that time, Omega went back to the "officially certified" language.

The prices on these keep going higher and higher.
    gatorcpa

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 23, 2013

It only posted to the US, so it wouldn't have come up on your (or my) searches